sahiri

L'Ancienne available for pre order

Songcatcher - It actually still works out cheaper than if they'd just bought a bottle of L'Ancienne by itself and paid for the postage, once you factor in the exchange rates. And it definitely works out way cheaper in most cases than buying Absinthe directly from places in Australia (plus the range we have here is very limited).

I was pre-occupied when absinthes.com announced their pre-order. When things settled down I looked again and of course it was gone, and I was bummed. I had also missed seeing this thread. Then a couple of weeks ago Gee13 mentioned in an email that Alandia might still have it. I checked, they did, and I ordered 2 bottles. They came today. <== Insert jumping for joy emoticon here

Normally I would never open a bottle that had just arrived a few hours earlier after a long trip from Europe. I am all too familiar with bottle shock from my previous career in wine. But my impatience won out and I decided to give it a try, understanding that it will be much better in a few weeks.

Wow. Even with jet lag this is absolutely amazing. I don't have as much experience with pre-bans as many people here but I have had the chance to drink 7 or 8, some of them more than once, so I have at least some frame of reference. L'Ancienne is almost scary close. It's awe-inspiring.

Now I understand what all the excitement is about. I'm very glad to get a couple of the last bottles from this batch. I'll try to let one age for a couple of years -- if I can restrain myself.

Edited by Georges Meliès

So much for aging my archive bottle of L'Ancienne. I just cracked it open, so now I'll have to order an Alandia bottle with their jacked up shipping charges >_< I will say this: man, shipping shock is REAL. The aroma coming from this glass is unbelievable, and the taste has so much more of that smooth old leather feel. I really wish that I had not been so impatient with my first bottle.

Yes, this is much better than the one I hastily opened after shipping! For me I've found the L'Ancienne to need a lot of water to open up. I probably put it at around 4.5 or 5 to 1.

Daah, I just have too much coming in to grab that one right now(Oak-aged Roquette, Boggy 4th, Eddy, La Maison Fontaine Blanche, and from Redwun a Perroquet!). At this point I should be able to list my absinthe habit as a dependent on my taxes.

Also considering trades, any Jade except the N.O. and will consider what you have. Make a trade offer and don't worry about the cost, it's just a trade.