Sign in to follow this  
-TJ-

Maker's Mark Cigars?

Has anyone tried these, and if so, how was it? I've been in a cave lately, so, when I saw these this afternoon, I was a bit surprised, but also rather curious. If they're worth the $$$, I gotta try one.

The online reviews are positive, but...

Maker's Mark? Didn't they use to be in the booze business? Or maybe they were just into Trademarking wax, I forget.

Nope, never heard of 'em. :dry:

Their bourbon is ok, if memory serves me, but it's been years, and my memory these days... yeah...

I may pick one up. I'm needing a few cigars for the weekend, and am looking for something a bit different than the cigarillos. I don't smoke often, so for me, it's a treat; might as well make it a decent one :holiday:

Their bourbon is ok, if memory serves me

Yep, I recall that it was just that.

And when I say "recall", I'm talking about 1977.

It didn't hold a candle to my favorite bourbon, Old Weller 107, back in the day, although, I'd certainly try the enhanced cigar.

Can't comment on them but the similar bodied Gurkha Grand Reserves were pretty good. The Cognac base was pretty tasty in them. Give em a shot and let us know.

Their bourbon is ok, if memory serves me

Yep, I recall that it was just that.

And when I say "recall", I'm talking about 1977.

It didn't hold a candle to my favorite bourbon, Old Weller 107, back in the day, although, I'd certainly try the enhanced cigar.

I wouldn't mind if Jack Daniel's wanted to try this... But, yes, it being "just ok" is definitely my memory of it. It's been about 10 years since I've tried it, and I'm in no rush to get more. I'd rather just spend the extra and get more absinthe.

Can't comment on them but the similar bodied Gurkha Grand Reserves were pretty good. The Cognac base was pretty tasty in them. Give em a shot and let us know.

Thanks, I plan on picking one up this afternoon. I'll keep you posted.

They were OK, imo. The store I picked it up at only had the toro, so I got the full hit!

(I would've mentioned this sooner, but some DB prevented it with a nice little B & E... All better now though!)