Sign in to follow this  
ComaWhite

New from buffalo

Hey all. New to the world of absinthe but am very curious to learn more. I like to enjoy a glass while celebrating or making music. My favs are:

MANSINTHE

Absinthe Ordinaire

That is all....for now!

Welcome!

Mansinthe is a decent intro to absinthe. I was pleasantly surprised that a product so heavily endorsed by a celebrity was actually somewhat good.

Ordinaire contains sugar which makes it an absinthe liqueur and not absinthe proper.

There's quite a bit of information for newcomers both on the main site and the forums. I'd suggest starting here.

Hi and welcome! :cheerz:

I like Mansinthe once in a while. Good stuff, on my regular rotation.

- I've never had Ordinaire but believe it is not well regarded.

As an absinthe, no, but I would put it close to an absinthe substitute,due to added sugar.

I'll give it this: out of the Crillon brands (Absente, Grande Absente) the Oridinaire was actually the better. I know that is not saying much.

Buffalo?

Gee, that sounds vaguely familiar... :dev-cheers:

Mansinthe isn't too bad, (but there's a lot better out there), although the name always conjured up, well, never mind. ;)

Hey there, if you're in the Nickel City, you can get your hands on a decent variety of the green stuff (some white and red, too).

I'd suggest checking out the Premier Wine & Spirits stores, or Supermarket Liquors and Wines in the Falls.

Try some Pacifique, Clandestine, or Duplais available. Plenty of other choices, too, some better than others.

Edited by sardonix

Lots of new info to absorbe already! Thx ppl!!

The ordinarie is def "easier" to drink then others if that makes any sense, now I know why :)

Any of you buffalo folks know of any bars that serve? I feel alienated when my options are blue light or blue light

Any of you buffalo folks know of any bars that serve? I feel alienated when my options are blue light or blue light

I haven't come across too many locally. I believe Caffe Espresso at Main & Transit in Williamsville served a few varieties, don't know if that's still true...

There's a newer bar called Ballyhoo (the old Malamute) downtown near First Niagara Center that is supposed to have an innovative drink menu.

I haven't been there yet to see if they serve absinthe, but hoping...