Marc

New Jade Terminus Oxygénée Absinthe Supérieure - review

I recently has a spat of what I am calling AAD. In the pipe/tobacco/cigar world there is PAD/TAD/CAD...Pipe/Tobacco/Cigar Acquisition Disorder, when one seeks to purchase countless amounts of said item to no end, like trying to quench an unending thirst..sadly, there is no cure. I had recently placed an order for a full bottle of Jade Terminus, and smaller samples of 1901, Nouvelle-Orléans, Esprit Edouard, and VS 1898.

I have had my bottle open for about a week, and have tried it three times. The first time, upon opening, it was amazingly new and different. The second time, I let ice melt in my new brouille, so it took an hour before I tasted it, and it was at room temperature. This time I could taste what everyone is calling "spice" to be a very fresh, raw cinnamon. I did not have a good impression. Today, I tried it again, but with water over an ice cube in the brouille, louched to 1:4.5 in about 2 minutes. The cinnamon was less foreword, and the whole glass was much more balanced. Now, I am just curious if it will not improve with age after opening. I am worried by what some have said, but if it tames the "cinnamon" a bit, then it may very well improve (to my taste).

So, I finally broke down and ordered a bottle of this. I will definitely be ordering more. It's a Jade, to be sure, but more intense and even medicinal (in a good, tonic sort of way) than their typical product. Reminds me of the Roquette in some respects, and also VdF (though more refined).

Very good absinthe.