Sign in to follow this  
Pegasus

Greetings From South Carolina!

Hi, everyone! I'm Suzanna and I've been lurking on and off as a guest for a couple of months before I decided to register.

I first tried absinthe back in either August or September. After reading about it for a while and familiarizing myself with the ritual, I went to my local store for a bottle. They only had three choices, one of which was fauxsinthe and the other, according to reviews I found on WS, was utter crap. So, I got a bottle of Mansinthe. The moment I opened the bottle, the smell of licorice hit me and I was immediately transported to my childhood (I ate a lot of black licorice as a kid). Mansinthe may not be a highly rated absinthe but I sure did enjoy that first glass (and the second ^_^).

Over the following weeks, I fiddled with the amount of water, tried it with sugar and without, and learned that if I'm going to be drinking absinthe, it really needs to be my only alcoholic beverage of the evening. (I had a friend over one night and after having some absinthe, I drank some of the wine she brought. I woke up the next morning with my first hangover, which gave me a much deeper respect for the green fairy and what happens when she has playmates.)

Now that I've finished off that bottle, I've ordered a bottle of Meadow of Love. I can't wait for it to get here! I was hoping to get some Green Villain, which is made here in South Carolina, but I can't seem to find any place online to order it and despite Dark Corner Distillery saying it's sold in my area, I haven't been able to find it in stores here.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all and talking about all things absinthe!

A bit of an update to my first post: I heard back from Dark Corner Distillery. Turns out, they haven't produced Green Villain in nearly two years. Rather makes me wonder why they bother having it on their site at all, with links to online stores that are supposed to carry it and everything. My contact said they would update their website.

Big apologies Suzanna. When I left Dark Corner, they discontinued the Green Villain. There was a very limited amount of distribution, and I doubt there would be much left in circulation. Not sure why they haven't updated the website.

-John