Sign in to follow this  
gacatmandu

I'm Here From Indiana!

Hello this is Gary I am from Indiana, I really new to absinthe, but I really like it.

I am here to learn about this amazing drink. I have tried two different brands Lucid and Absente, I have since learned that Absente is not really considered Absinthe, also recently bought a bottle of Vieux Pontarlier although haven't tried it yet.

Any other information on absinthe would be great.

I don't get a drunk feeling from absinthe I get more of a high or stoned feeling do any of you experience

this?

Welcome, Gary.

You're probably experiencing a placebo effect from your expectations that absinthe should provide a profoundly different feeling than other alcoholic drinks. While it does have a slightly less heavy and somewhat stimulant effect at first, this is most likely due to the anethole from the anise and fennel.

Additionally, the idea that absinthe provides any sort of drug-like effect is a modern idea. Prior to the mid-1970s, absinthe was (falsely) accused of being poisonous.

I don't get a drunk feeling from absinthe I get more of a high or stoned feeling do any of you experience

this?

No and what Mr. Stone said. Welcome and cheers Gary :cheers:

Welcome to the Forum.

I agree there is a slightly different "buzz" from absinthe than other alcoholic beverages but I would say the same thing about other beverages: wine is different than beer which is different than gin which is different from mead etc... :cheers: