ShaiHulud

Hello, I am ShaiHulud and I just joined

No, I'm just a spoiled 'Elitist'.

I also find I like certain brands only if I try them BEFORE things like premium clandestines.

If I taste them after, they go to the 'it's crap' bin.

Fo' Shizzle! :cheers:

If anyone is interested I just updated my member profile with expanded interests details (inspired by Hiram but not in alphabetical order) and an actual picture of myself in my wedding attire (yes I wore a sword). I have been surprised at how boring most profiles are and how few have pictures.

I suppose that is because so many of you have met or are too chicken to post one.

:paperbag3:

I just ordered Kübler 53, Kallnacher, and François Guy from the flying monkeys. This will be my first try of each. I can't wait.

I tied to post mini reviews in the appropriate absinthe reviews threads. Basically, I liked all three but especially the Kallnacher.

Anyone notice that my intro thread is only three posts away from breaking 100. A record!

Just incase anyone wondered why I haven't been around much lately, Pensieve and I just got done with our run of The Wiz. There are some interesting photos here

and here is one of me as the Royal Gatekeeper.

Wow, no kidding. That is pretty cool. You know I was thinking of you the other day when I made a drink called an Alaskan Oil Slick which was layered Rumple Mintz, Blue Curacao, and Jagermeister. When mixed it turned the most brilliant green, perfect for the emerald city.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm the same way as well, I would see absinthe in movies and literature, and I always wanted to try it. I'm new to to this world too. :cheers:

ShaiHulud, your welcome thread is turning out to be the longest-running thread on the WS. I can imagine people bumping it again and again as the years go by, just to keep it going. You will have retired to Pontarlier, enjoying living out your golden years, and from time to time, someone will still stop by and welcome you to the forum. :cheers:

Just incase anyone wondered why I haven't been around much lately, Pensieve and I just got done with our run of The Wiz.  There are some interesting photos here

and here is one of me as the Royal Gatekeeper.

My school did The Wiz last year and I played guitar. For closing night, the bassist, drummer and I did a rendition of Whole Lotta Love for the poppy scene.

With enough spice, every thread is new.

Besides, you must get credit in Heaven every time your thread is "renewed"...

Hey G&C, be nice or I will remind everyone that you encouraged me to sugar my Serpis (is it just me or does that sound dirty?)

Well that shatters everything I thought I knew. Firesign theatre was right, everything I know is wrong. Next you'll tell me that toulouse-lautrec was a basketball star, and Absomphe shows up at all the parties.

Whether or not you like it.  ;)

The kind and degree of bitterness, herbal flavour besides anise, grassyness, spicyness, citrus notes, a wine or vinegar undertaste, soft floral tones, chemical taste, metallic flavors, a hint of caramel-butterscotch.  Mouthfeel: is it buttery and round or astringent and sharp?  Does it make your tongue numb?  What parts, how soon and for how long?

These are some of the things to pay attention to.  Some are desireable and others are not.

Maggie has started gargling the absinthe. She swears it helps her taste the "metallic".

I blame you for this, Hiram.

T73

If I don't renew my intro thread every once and a while, I am afraid that people will miss Conju's Lobster story. I forgot it was in here. I believe that everyone should be subject to it as I was. :shock:

Well that shatters everything I thought I knew. Firesign theatre was right, everything I know is wrong. Next you'll tell me that toulouse-lautrec was a basketball star, and Absomphe shows up at all the parties.

And if you push him hard enough, he will fall over!

If I don't renew my intro thread every once and a while, I am afraid that people will miss Conju's Lobster story.  I forgot it was in here.  I believe that everyone should be subject to it as I was.  :shock:

Thanks for the reminder. Into the Cornfield it goes.