ShaiHulud

Hello, I am ShaiHulud and I just joined

Paintball games, I got involved with them and had good fun for about a year. It's a wonderful way to relieve pent up aggressions. Am I close?

I quit the game in 1987.

I'd rather sit back and watch while sipping a cool beverage. ;)

To all the painters and paintees :cheers:

You've got a point. In 1987 I, too, may have been willing to let known persons shoot at me. With the understanding that I would be doing the same to them. In theory.

Today I'd rather sit back and drink.

And not watch.

Sorry, I'm a pussy. Guns scare me. Even in fun. I'm uncomfortable when my boys are running around innocently pointing empty squrt guns at each other. And have to buck up to tell my wife it's okay. Good healthy fun that no boy can do without.

I lost my brother in '68 and guns have been anathema to me ever since.

Sorry, I'm a pussy. Guns scare me. Even in fun. I'm uncomfortable when my boys are running around innocently pointing empty squrt guns at each other. And have to buck up to tell my wife it's okay. Good healthy fun that no boy can do without.

You're not a pussy, guns are fucking up your country, among other things, your president too.

Edited by mthuilli

That is one of those things PB. No reasonably minded person would look down on you for that opinion. Pensieve lost someone very close to her from gun violence and I see how it really changes one's perspective about a lot of things.

I've also been in unfortunate firearms situations, but I'd like to ask that we veer just a tad away from the edge of a very controversial issue that I know has proponents from both extremes here.

Agreed, guns are to be respected. My children were raised around guns. Pistols, rifles and shotguns were all over the house while they were growing up. In my humble opinion, education is the key. As the kids got older I had to start keeping them in my safe, not because of my kids but because of their friends that came to visit. My kids took hunter safety courses and went shooting with me quite often. I was an enthusiast. I am as passionate about gun safety as this forum is about czechsinth and burning sugar. We have lost friends and relatives to them and it was devastating. I have taken several kids, 10 years old and older to gun safety classes for the education they get from people other than myself. Ok, I'll climb down now and move on to paintballing.

Every paintball place has rules, stresses safety and wearing proper equipment. It's a terrific sport and the majority of the participants are so involved that they have very little use/time for gangs and drugs and so forth. I like it but rather not participate.

I'd play again if there were games for people over 50. Me against younger faster kids, not a good deal for me and the stuff tastes terrible when you get hit in the mouth.

Sorry for the rant but I understand both sides. Peace.

I could have been a contender...........or not. ;)

We have Laser Quest. A kind of Sci fi labyrinth game. It's great fun, kids can play it, and it doesn't hurt. Used to take our kids there. When you get 'hit' a power pack on your stomach vibrates. OK it's for wimps, but even so, it's a good laugh.

http://www.laserquest.co.uk/

"Shot in the ass, mild electric shocks..." :blink:

You play some interesting games, Nymph!

Our Valley had a business similar to the one Thomas described. It enjoyed a brisk but brief success before closing its doors. I suspect the novelty wore off and it was replaced by paintball enthusiasts. Why confine yourself to one large building when you can paintball in hundreds of thousands of acres?

Edited by Theatre73

I took one in the top of the head yesterday. I thought I got hit with a rock! I found the guy who shot me and looked at his paintballs. We could not squeze them hard enough to break them.

OMGBill, we are old guys. I am almost 40 and there are several regulars who are 50.

"Shot in the ass, mild electric shocks..." :blink:

You play some interesting games, Nymph!

Just don't let her loose with one of these!

post-702-1159203883_thumb.jpg

Oh, paintball games are good fun and my son enjoys laser-tag.

I've moved towards slower, more methodical diversions.

It's all good, really. ;)

I'd play again if there were games for people over 50. Me against younger faster kids, not a good deal for me and the stuff tastes terrible when you get hit in the mouth.

Funny, yet true, story regarding paint balls and how they taste terrible...

So I'm about 16 years old and I see these shiny yellow "gumballs" in our candy dish at home. I pop one in my mouth, but there's really no discernable taste. So I bite down and it takes me a minute to realize that I am not eating a gumball at all. It took me a little longer to figure out what it was, since I had previously had zero encounters with any of the accoutrements of paintballing. Damn those things are nasty! I'm still ticked at my dad for putting paintballs in our candy dish. Who does that?!?

I am rather perversely drawn to trying that. The youngin would likely ask before he nicked one for himself. With the elder my wife and I could wager how long before he gave in to temptation. :devil:

I used to buy Habanero Pecan Brittle. The stuff is quite good, sweet and lots of zing. Fun to leave on a plate in the company break room, near the water cooler and cookies around the holidays. :devil:

It ain't a paintball but it gets attention.

That is funny. A friend of mine was a great fan of chocolate covered espresso beans and reached into a bowl of them once only to discover, just before he popped one in his mouth, that another friend of ours had filled the bowl with deer droppings from the yard.

*bump*

In honor of MASTERPC achieving "top 10 all time poster" status in such a short time, I thought I would remind him (as well as other newcommers) of the required reading around here.

MPC, this should slow you down some.

And don't forget to track the missing pieces down in the cornfield.

At MPC's rate, reading your thread will take all of ten minutes or so. Eventually, there will be an award to MPC in post-hound-doggedness. I marvel at his sheer diligence! :cheers:

HILARIOUS! :laf: :laf: (in reference to the given assingment)

:cheers:

Edited by MASTERPC