Sign in to follow this  
piperman

New here and to Absinthe

I have been lurking for awhile, and finally decided to join.

I have a few bottles that I acquired, at first I couldn't find any locally, then started working with the sponsors here and eventually ended up with 5 different bottles of Absinthe.

Not sure which one to try first. As I looked at the reviews here and all 5 are really well liked.

Roquette 1797

La Clandestine

La Capriceau

Meadow of Love

Blanchette

I have always enjoyed the flavors of anise, one of my favorite liquors is Galliano, and I really enjoy Ouzo, so this was a natural for me.

Any suggestions on which to open first?

Steve

Yes, that was what I meant to say. Yes, some of the vendors listed here.

All of em? I agree with that thinking.

I'm trying to find a nice carafe and was thinking of getting one of those glass drippers that you sit on the rim. I have a spoon now also ordered a stainless dripper.

I did just break the seal on the Roquette, smells great. I am trying to locate some Jade also.

Ok, I am drinking the Roquette right now. Since this is my first real absinthe, I can't compare it to anything.

But I like it, reminds me of Good 'n Plenty. :). I did use one sugar cube and about 1:3.5.

Thank you, I did open the Meadow of Love also, was the last glass of the night.

They are all very good, and have their own character, very nice.

Next I am going to try the Clandestine and the Blanchette, last two that I haven't tried.

I think that I need to get some Jade ordered for my collection.

Hello, and welcome! If you could be so kind as to tell me what you think of Meadow of Love I would appreciate it. I am torn between purchasing the former or Walton Waters.

I wish those were my first five absinthes.I prefer MOL over WW,but since you have one already,why not give the other a try.You might consider her Blues Cat as well.Enjoy the journey!

I definitely am enjoying the MoL a lot. It definitely has a lot of character definitely not like any of the others that I have. The only other Verte that I have tried is Roquette and it is different, not as bitter and has a nice smooth feel to it. I don't see how you can go wrong with it.

I just ordered a couple of new ones to try.

Esmeralda
Septante 7

La Valote Bovet Tradition

Bizarre

Blanche Neige - Distiller's Proof

I still need to get some Jades and I want to try the La Ptite.

I was wondering, if anyone else has felt like this, I am always thinking of and can't wait to taste and prepare a glass of absinthe. The smell and the flavor are always on my thoughts. I find the taste and the whole experience quite alluring. :D

I think it is more captivating than Single Malt Scotch, which is something that I always appreciated.

:cheerz: