• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 herbgirl

herbgirl

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

Can anyone help me translate a passage in French? I'm furthering my research and my French is not quite good enough yet. The passage is as follows: 

L'huile de badiane est extraite des fruits de l'Illicium verum et non de l'Illicium anisatum qui etre considere comme une espece veneneuse. Ce n'est meme que lorsque dans l'huile extraite de l'I. verum on a par fraude, melange de l'huile de l'I. anisatum que l'on a pu constater les phenomenes d'empoisonnement caracterise qu'on a signales a la suite de l'absorption de certaines anisettes ou absinthes. L'auteur, ayant etudie anatomiquement les feulles de l'I.verum, constate que les cellules de mesophylle sont aussi riches en gouttelettes d'huile que les cellules du pericarpe des fruits; en distillant ces feuilles, il obtient une huile essentielle tres odorante et d'une belle couleur. Il montre l'interet qu'il y aurait de melanger a l'huile des fruits cette huile des feuilles plutot que d'autres huiles pouvant etre plus ou moins dangereuses. 

I'm hoping I didn't misspell anything, and I'm lacking accent marks, but hopefully that helps. Cheers!

Edited by herbgirl, 12 July 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#2 Songcatcher

Songcatcher

Extrait d' Hillbilly

• Bronze Member
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 07:36 PM

Google translate says this

Anise oil is extracted from the fruits of Illicium verum and not of Illicium anisatum that be considered a poisonous species. It is not even when in the oil extracted from the I. verum was by fraud, mixture of oil of I. anisatum that there has been poisoning characterizes the phenomena we have reported as a result of the absorption of some or anisettes absinthes. . The author, having studied anatomically beet and cabbage tops of I verum, finds that the mesophyll cells are also rich in oil cells of pericarp fruit droplets; distilling the leaves, he gets a very fragrant essential oil and a beautiful color. It shows the interest there would mix a fruit oil leaves the oil rather than other oils may be more or less dangerous.

The room it smelled heavy of drinkin',  

and the sad silent song, made the hour twice as long,

as I waited for that sun to go sinkin'.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association