Sign in to follow this  
drdaniel5

Odd sediment in a Ridge Verte bottle

Greetings, I'm about half way through a bottle of Ridge Verte and I noticed a bunch of specks appeared in it after it got knocked over. Inspecting the bottom there seems to be some sort of solid stuck to the bottom flaking the particles into the Absinthe. I haven't tried it since it got knocked over so I'm hoping the flavor isn't effected. Is this normal for this brand though?

Yeah, that happens. It's perfectly organic and tasty but I agree, not very appealing. We strive to be very traditional and original in everything we do, loathing modern filtering machinery but sometimes, old school fails. Since changing from Ridge to Vilya Spirits, we have incorporated a new (but very traditional) deflocculator that will give us a brighter, clearer verte. The gold medal we received at this year's Denver International Spirits Competition and silver medal at the Dallas event encourages us to think that we are on the right track.

We will continue to work toward making the best, traditional absinthe we can by the most traditional ways possible. As soon as we have it absolutely perfect,...I'll probably retire. ;)