ripper911

Kübler verte

I saw yesterday that alandia is now offering Kübler verte. Has anybody tried this one yet? The coloring process could possibly add some welcome complexity to the usual Kübler profile.

If it does exist, and it's as dynamic as the standard Kübler, then I think I'll...so, what were we talking about? :rolleyes:

Edited by Absomphe

From the label it looks like it might be a special edition.

I don't know if I should review it, I'm not in the mood for more hate mail like the last Kübler review got me.

I'll crash the clown party for the time being.

I think I was publicly called out as bitter...

Hey, at least that credits you with more character than a bland glass of Kübler. :biggrin:

Edited by Absomphe

I think I was publicly called out as bitter and sad last time I was honest about Kübler, sooo...

Only one word in that sentence describes you and it sure the fuck isn't "bitter" or "sad."

By whom?

It was in the "Disingenuous, bitter, untouchable snobs" thread. :fork:

If I'm gonna spend $50 on anything, I want it to be awesome. Especially when I get lucky from time to time and find Leopold absinthe at that price. Or for a little bit less, their gin, or their rye whiskey...

Respectfully, I disagree. I had my first absinthe with Kübler; I do not regret that. There are concoctions available that can turn a potential lover of absinthe into something else, much less desirable. Kübler is fine. Save the invective to all the bottles much more deserving.

... Kübler is fine. Save the invective to all the bottles much more deserving.

For me it is not about the product. It is about the company, the IGP and the Swiss gov.

http://wormwoodsociety.org/index.php/component/content/article/102-items/687-wormwood-society-opposes-exclusive-use-of-the-name-absinthe

What he said.

Although, "fine", in this case, sounds more like passable.

And (maybe it's onacuz I'm old) but life is too short to drink just passable absinthe.

Respectfully, I disagree. I had my first absinthe with Kübler; I do not regret that. There are concoctions available that can turn a potential lover of absinthe into something else, much less desirable. Kübler is fine. Save the invective to all the bottles much more deserving.

Nah. Kübler sucks.

I believe you are disagreeing based on the assumption that he was talking about the quality of the product. He was not. It is based on the efforts by the producer of Kübler to monopolize the word absinthe.