, more smottoh effect

Yesh, annover round of smottohs! :3872-DrunkBanana:

#32 TheLoucheyMonster!

TheLoucheyMonster!

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

Play around with with the water,  and don't be afraid to adjust by adding more water or absinthe after take a sip or two.

#33 Ready_to_rock

Ready_to_rock

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:33 AM

, more smottoh effect

Yesh, annover round of smottohs! :3872-DrunkBanana:

Luscious Oily Lesbians! - Guess my fingers were going faster than my brain on that one:)

Luscious Oily Lesbians! - Guess my fingers were going faster than my brain on that one:)

Edited by Ready_to_rock, 24 April 2014 - 05:34 AM.

#34 Ready_to_rock

Ready_to_rock

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:36 AM

TheLoucheyMonster! - Luscious Oily Lesbians!, i guess my fingers were going faster than my brain on that one!!!

I will adjust the water and Absinthe amounts as you have suggested, and see how that changes things....

Thanks

#35 Ready_to_rock

Ready_to_rock

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for the warm welcome(s), and for Brian, sorry about the fonts, ill correct that going forward :unsure: To Songcatcher, here is what i bought to start with:

1) La Clandestine Blue

2) Pernot Vieux Pontarlier

~I based these 2 purchases on the reviews, and comments from your site, and of course, i have no idea what to expect when they arrive, but, i am extremely anxious to give them a try.....

~If i made any mistakes in the names, please feel free to correct as needed, it won't hurt my feelings :twitchsmile:

Tried the Vieux Pontarlier last night, and gotta say that one is not particularly tasty in any way, shape or form (for me)..Opened the bottle, and took a whiff before  pouring - Best decsription of the initial smell is like a cheap minty/fruity wine, with some secondary earthy/dirty smells mixed in? I first tried it at 3:1 with 1 sugar cube, but, that earthy/rubbery taste just overwhelmed anything else that may be there, except a very slight anise taste that evaporates (or gets covered up) very quickly in the dirty/earthy flavors....There also seems to be a strong (almost burning) alcohol sensation the entire time, even after the glass was empty. Being a sport, and not wanting to just give up, i tried a second glass, but, this time went up to 4;1 (and then 4.5:1), with 2 sugar cubes, and although it helped tame it down a bit, that earthy/dirty smell just doesn't go away! Interestingly, i checked a few of the reviews here last night to see if anyone else mentioned some of these qualities, and here is one that i could have written word for word if i felt i was in any way ready to write an actual, intelligent review:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aroma: Hella minty, with a bit of a still scent, and a somewhat masked smell that's redolent of rubber.

Flavor/Mouthfeel: Light and creamy in texture, but really, really minty, and something vegetal is coming through on the flavor that I don't particularly like. It ends up fairly bitter in the end.

Finish: The finish is very fuzzy in the mouth and there's some alcohol heat that takes a long time to fade.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am gonna let this one sit for awhile before trying again - If this would have been my first try, i wouldn't be so excited to try any others unfortunately.

#36 TheLoucheyMonster!

TheLoucheyMonster!

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:24 AM

Tried the Vieux Pontarlier last night, and gotta say that one is not particularly tasty in any way,

The bottle I bought a few months ago was very disappointing  Not the stuff I loved a couple of years ago..

#37 JosephLabrecque

JosephLabrecque

• PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

I caught that "rubbery" thing going on with VP about a year ago. Haven't bought another bottle - but many other Pernot absinthes are really very, very good.

#38 Ready_to_rock

Ready_to_rock

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

Hi Joseph,

Ok, glad to hear that - I didnt want this one to ruin my journey. I also didnt put alot into this because im sure out of the many different options available, everyone has their likes and dislikes, so i will chalk this one up to experience, and ill continue forward:) Whatever the taste in that bottle is, its pretty nasty if you ask me.......

#39 Ready_to_rock

Ready_to_rock

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

Hi TheLoucheyMonster!

Ok, i feel better knowing its not just me, or that alot of different Absinthe's may taste like this:) I have only tasted 2 at this time, but, the LCB is far and away easier to drink that this one, and tastes a heck of alot better in my opinion.

#40 JosephLabrecque

JosephLabrecque

• PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

I've had plenty of nasty absinthes. There are a lot worse than VP. A lot much, much better too ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association