Sign in to follow this  
billnchristy

Which would you choose next?

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Based on having the following:

Absente (we all have dark corners in our closet)

Mephisto (ditto)

Mansinthe

Kuebler

Vieux pontarlier*

Vieux carre*

St. George

Leopold Bros*

Green Villian*

Marteau*

Ridge*

Ridge Blanche*

Pacifique*

Meadow of Love

Blues Cat

Obsello

Corsair Red

La Clandestine

Heritage

*indicates a favorite

Which of the three in the poll would you have next, and why?

I can only find 8 on the list I like drinking anyway, so that helps narrow the field. :fork: I just went on a Ridge Vilya binge two weekends ago, so I'm taking a breather from that. I'd have to say Meadow of Love, Pacifique, or Leopold Bros. would be what I'd pour myself a glass of at this given moment...I haven't owned a bottle of the first two anytime in the last couple years and as for Leopold...it's always yummy.

I've never had Green Villain though.

Sorry, my choices are:

Duplais

Duplais Blanche

Brevens Giger

I put a poll up but its kind of hard to see.

We haven't tried any of those so want to get something new and they are available locally.

I'm gonna be honest and say that my bottles of Duplais taste like ass right now (Verte, Blanche, and Balance). I'm hoping it's just a phase. :no:

I poured a glass to be more helpful...it's kinda bland and tastes plasticky. I really liked the verte when I got it (maybe two years ago?) but even that took a plasticky turn.

I reject your choices and say the 2 Del Phoenix and Ridge

I agree, and would most emphatically add Pacifique to that list.

It's not great either. I think it's one of the more boring of the brand. Moreso than Mansinthe. Sadly the A.O. Spare is less popular/available...I think it's the best of the Matter-Luginbühl products and one of my favorite absinthes.

Duplais blanche gets my vote.

I would follow this advice. Seeing as Duplais, being a Swiss producer, and the Swiss being known more for blanche styles than vertes. The issue with their overly long lasting color may be where the "plastic" notes come from. ? I myself have had two bottles of their verte, and the second was even less impressive than the first for what that's worth. So the question to ask yourself may be, Peeps or plastic?

Or just check the reviews for them and see what you can glean from that.

I guess we will just see what our whim brings us. Kinda thinking of trying another bottle of Corsair Red.

I know we tried Heritage and didn't hate it like some of you folks. I do agree that it is sweet, but I don't find it as sickly sweet as some have commented and we both love grape base.

The issue with their overly long lasting color may be where the "plastic" notes come from?

Eh, I don't get it from A.O.Spare or the L.D.F. (which was the most gorgeous absinthe I've ever seen). They're definitely using a super secret coloring process, but 2 out of the 3 absinthes I'm getting the weird plastic flavor from are blanches.

Ah, thus the question mark. Thank you for clarifying that for me Miss Corset Ambear.

And I also somewhat enjoyed the Corset Corsair Red. Dammit! back on track here Songcatcher. :devil:

What’s this Brevens H.R. Giger you are talking about? :harhar:

Brevans H.R. Giger certainly gets my vote, excellent absinthe and one of my favorites.

Duplais blanche gets my vote it's one of my favorites. My nickname for it is Silky, because every single time I make a glass it's as smooth and silky as can be. I just love the stuff.

Edited by hdtv00

I voted for the Duplais Verte. Sometimes I feel it's a bit on the candy side, marshmallow-y even, but I always have a bottle in my bar. Having said that, Amber's ass comment makes me want to get into an open bottle I've had for a while, you know, strictly for research purposes. Her peeps description in the blanche kinda jives with my marshmallow-y descriptor for the verte. I don't know anything about Oliver's coloration procedure, but the entire line of absinthes from Matter are faithful, traditionally produced absinthes. It's a pleasure to watch those old stills when they're boiling.

Now this is getting out of hand, Ron. You disappear for a few months and then you come back here talking about Amber's ass, just as you were on Facebook last week.