Sign in to follow this  
Aaron1100us

New from Iowa

Hello. I joined this forum because I have an interest in Absinthe. I learned of Absinthe through Vaping (e-cigs). Anise is one of my favorite flavors and some e juice vendors sell an Absinthe e-juice that is Anise flavored.

When I was growning up, the local bakery had a candy dish with Anise candy. Love that stuff.

So after discovering that Absinthe was an Anise flavored drink, I was interested in learning more about it.

Can't find the stuff locally though. Seems like I can only get it inline. And wow, its expensive stuff. $60+ for a bottle, yikes. I still want to get some though.

Welcome! Considering it to be an extract to be tempered - one bottle can go a long way.

What he said. Two bottles of absinthe is the equivalent of a whole case of wine. At $60 a bottle, that's $2.40 per glass. If you're using in it cocktails, it adds about 60¢ to the cost of a drink.

Welcome! :cheers:

Welcome Aaron,

I'm in a rural area and find the selections on-line to be easier for access also. Check out the bottle reviews on the WS site for selections and their attributes.

Cheers! :cheerz:

Welcome! I'll have to cosign with Joe Legate- I just ordered from Catskills Cellars for the first time and I have to say that they are stellar. They sell some great absinthes and their packaging and ship times were fantastic.

Edited by DanPatrick