jimzuma

Hangover Prevention

First of all I am only advocating this because I want to share it. I have tried a couple of different hangover remedies and I think I have found one that truly works. It is called RU-21. It was formulated by the Russian Academy of Sciences. Supposedly it was designed to help KGB members from being hungover after a night of covort operation of heavy schmooozing. Has anyone else tried this stuff, I swear by it!

all right all right. Iguess i deserved some of that but as I sit here drinking my fresh new bottle of La Valote (just arrived today via Alandia) taking RU-21 I will wake tomorrow feeling just as good as I did this morning after drinking the last of my Kallnacher absinthe. So there!!!

The "How Hangovers Work" link that Hiram provided has this to say about RU-21...

As for RU-21, marketed as a secret KGB pill, the manufacturer says specifically that it is not an anti-hangover pill but a supplement for detoxification. (By the way, its main ingredients -- dextrose, L-Glutamine and vitamin C -- can be found in high amounts in everyday foods). Rebound has the same ingredients as RU-21 plus a few other vitamins and oddities such as "young barley grass juice powder," but it is still basically a multivitamin.

Use the W.C. Fields approach, he just stayed drunk from 1915 to 1946.

You have to hand it to someone that could drink a quart of gin a day for 31 years.

Kitties, do upside-down shooters work for hiccoughs as well? I'm always up for a new hiccough remedy.

Stroller, that DOG! I want that dog! Is that your dog? I gotta have that dog!

:laf:

Hairballs....hiccoughs.....it's all the same. You're not missing a thing. If anything, you're WAY ahead of the game.

That pic was taken on my birthday.

Newman.....Newman! I'm a goner. The fact that I prefer animals to people only makes it worse.

My wife is already beginning the, if we had just one more........

Mine did that, one more cat to keep the single one company,

were at 3 now...

Brooks, don't worry, like a fine wine you're getting better with age.

I've said it before and I'll say it here...water is the best way to prevent a hangover. If you drink a glass of water between drinks of absinthe, gin, etc. you almost force an element of moderation, you won't get too drunk either, you won't dehydrate (if you are also smoking pot) and because you eventually fill up on liquid you're less likely to drink too many. Of course you are likely to piss like the dickens!

I've often said to college students, if you are not enjoying what you're drinking or your buzz, what is the point of drinking...?

I'm with you, Volpane. Can't say enough good things about water.

Moderation, on the other hand, is a tough sell when you're talking to the college set. It's a concept worth pitching (I pitched it for years), and it usually falls on deaf ears. When I was in college, I objected to moderation on principal.

Imp, your guide recommends drinking ammonia! You better believe that hits the spot.

Brooks, don't worry, like a fine wine you're getting better with age.

Thanks, Grey. It's cuz I'm hydrated.

Back in the 40's & 50's a lot of pharmacies had spirits of ammonia (a solution of ammonium carbonate in ammonia water and alcohol) which you could order at the soda fountain. (Ammonia & Coke was a popular remedy back then)

It was supposed to wake you up, I guess they kept the stuff next to the Leech jars. :shock: