• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,620 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

Is that what you're calling it this week?

Hey, whatever floats your...badge, bro. :cheers: 

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#32 ripper911

ripper911

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

The liquor store got a few new ones in for me: pacifique, heritage, duplais (blanche and verte), and they have Leopold's on the way. If they will keep those in stock along with what they already stocked they're going to have a fairly impressive absinthe selection less than a mile from home!

#33 Zman (Marc Bernhard)

Zman (Marc Bernhard)

Really Advanced Member

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:35 AM

Which liquor store?

If you don't like anise at all, you're not likely to care for any decent absinthe, as absinthe is an anise flavored drink. It's kind of like asking if there are any good beers that don't taste like hops or malt.----Hiram

Marc Bernhard, owner and Master Distiller of Pacific Distillery LLC
Maker of Pacifique Absinthe and Voyager Single Batch Distilled Gin
Woodinville, WA, USA
www.pacificdistillery.com

#34 ripper911

ripper911

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:04 AM

7seas in powder springs, GA. They just got one bottle of each for me to try, to see which ones to stock. I bought the pacifique yesterday.

#35 Zman (Marc Bernhard)

Zman (Marc Bernhard)

Really Advanced Member

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

Thank you!

If you don't like anise at all, you're not likely to care for any decent absinthe, as absinthe is an anise flavored drink. It's kind of like asking if there are any good beers that don't taste like hops or malt.----Hiram

Marc Bernhard, owner and Master Distiller of Pacific Distillery LLC
Maker of Pacifique Absinthe and Voyager Single Batch Distilled Gin
Woodinville, WA, USA
www.pacificdistillery.com

#36 ripper911

ripper911

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

You're very welcome! I've enjoyed drinking it the past couple of days.

#37 ripper911

ripper911

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:34 AM

I've been reading the reviews, is heritage bad enough that I should avoid buying it?

It looks like I'll go for a duplais next...

#38 ripper911

ripper911

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:12 PM

They also got Mata hari, not a favorite of many people, but I have enjoyed bit in the past.

They said they got a few new ones in,, but I was drunk when I went... they probably got Leopold's in for me too. :)

Now I just need to tell them to get rid of the absentee, and they'll be in good shape. :cheers:

#39 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,620 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

They also got Mata hari, not a favorite of many people...

You certainly have a flair for the euphemistic. :laugh: 

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#40 ripper911

ripper911

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

It comes with the job...

#41 ripper911

ripper911

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

Update, and a picture. No Leopold's yet, but it's turning into a nice selection.

Attached Files

#42 Trinity Absinthe

Trinity Absinthe

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

The places around here that used to carry Lucid and Absente now only carry the Absente. And trying to talk to them about it?...Might as well be talking to a stump.

I gave up trying. At least for now. It's tiresome.

Sometimes it depends who you speak with. Liquor stores are trying to make money. Period. They'll stock the items that sell. If you continue to make specific brand requests, they'll eventually stock it. That being said, sometimes the problem is not having big enough name recognition. I've gone through this conversation several times:

Me, pretending to be a customer - Excuse me, I'm not seeing Trinity Absinthe on the shelf. Do you carry it?

Random store manager - I'm not seeing it either.

Me, still pretending - Is it possible you sold out?

Random store manager - No, we only sell [insert major brand]

Of course, I end up informing them, very politely, that I actually know for a fact that they do carry it and did actually move it all ("Oh, you know, you're right!") and then they reorder. The problem is, unless the person doing the ordering is an absinthe fan, it is often an overlooked category. They'll remember to stock major brands, but don't always remember smaller ones. It is very possible that some liquor stores did at one time stock some of your favorites, but then someone forgot to reorder it, and the brand got overlooked in future orders. Many smaller stores in particular order items based off of previous order sheets. Even if they use computer systems, often times numbers are pulled based on categories or producers much larger (and more front-of-mind) than many microdistillers.

My point is, if you want to see something stocked, keep at it. You can be pretty direct, too. "I want to buy ___________. Can you get that in for me?" (The only real hangup would be if the brand isn't distributed in the state you're buying in.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association