Sign in to follow this  
ErdemInce

Hello I'm New !

Hello ! My name is Erdem , I am from İstanbul . I am not an absinthe drinker yet , but I am very interested . In my country it is not common , so there are only "Absinthe Polski" "Absinth" "Black Demon" "Tabu" in the shops . I did enough research to know not to buy them .I want to taste absinthe , and I have a friend who can bring me a bottle . Can you recommend me a bottle of Absinth ? Obviously every bottle of absinthe is different i just like other drinks , and I want to try a normal one , a regular absinthe , not bad but not necessarily great , just a good common basic absinthe without extra uncommon materials , something i can get the general idea of absinthe from . Can you give me an advice ?

Edited by ErdemInce

Can you give me an advice ?

Other than the recommendation to peruse the choices offered in the reviews section of WS, no, simply because your palate is your own, and not mine.

I have a friend who can bring me a bottle .

Where will your friend be travelling to/coming from? If that is the best way for you, then it makes a big difference to your options. By the way, there is a Turkish lady (Sevil) who works at absinthes.com. She is well-informed about the absinthes they carry, and probably knows how easy it is to get absinthes into Turkey by mail.

Welcome!

There are lot of absinthes out there and some are available only in certain places. If you had a list of brands or location you are buying it from, it would be easier to recommend something.

Well I want to buy just to taste absinthe for the first time so i dont wanna pay 40 dollars cargo for a 57 dollar bottle :) so you say it is a safe vendor right ? ( sorry for bad english :D )

Edited by ErdemInce

If you are talking about Taboo made in Canada, I would say yes, it is real. If you are talking about Tabu from Europe, then I would have serious doubts about it being a real, traditional absinthe.

Only one ship to turkey and thats 80 euro :O just unreasonable since ill order a 40 dollar bottle :D By the way any other first absinthe recommnedations other that lucid and mansinthe ?

Agreed. Bottles from Emile Pernot et Fils are good for starters!

Also, there are options on some websites to buy very small sample bottles. 'Testing' samples.

I almost did that when I made my first order from Absinthes.com a while back. It is relatively affordable!

Dude, please stop quoting the post above yours.

Thanks for that, Songcatcher. I was hoping to find enough time to catch my breath to do the same thing:

3. Spell-check, use the shift key (capitalize), refrain from chat-speak; don't quote the previous post.

<snip>

Also, please refrain from quoting the previous post. This has the effect of repeating the last thing someone says to you in a conversation before your own response (echolalia).

If you want to respond to a particular part of a longer post, then you

should delete the unnecessary parts. When quoting any lengthy post, chop

out the unnecessary bits and delete as many line breaks as possible. It

makes the thread much easier to read. Be careful to leave both the [

quote ] and [ /quote ] tags intact.

<snip>

Thanks!

Haha, is this better?!

Too used to other forums where people actually get butt-hurt if you don't quote the whole thing...

Edited by Wormwoad