• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,374 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:44 AM

Is that above-referenced FB thread still there?  There's a lot to go through, and since I didn't post in it I can't search my activity log for it.

Maker of Marteau Absinthe and Foxtrot London Dry Gin

Please don't forget to sign up for our newsletter, and consider a subscription donation.
Every bit helps the further development of the site and future events.

#32 Songcatcher

• Bronze Member
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:26 PM

Is that above-referenced FB thread still there?  There's a lot to go through, and since I didn't post in it I can't search my activity log for it.

I went and looked and didn't see it. I'm not friends with them, but there page is open. Although I did find this one and said....wtf?

And so... The 1st legal batch of Doc's Absinthe has begun. And thus... The 1st Absinthe distillery in New York City is born. Step #1... Ferment spelt and malted barley... Stay posted!

The room it smelled heavy of drinkin',  
and the sad silent song made the hour twice as long,
as I waited for that sun to go sinkin'.

#33 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

"Mr The Judge"

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 09:23 AM

DUNY has this absinthe and has the following copy from the description.

Doc Herson's "Green" Absinthe Verte starts its journey by fermenting organic grains of malted barley and malted spelt from upstate New York. The fermentation is performed with sugar, yeast and New York tap water. The wash is then run through a column still to produce the grain neutral spirit. The distillate is then steeped with 10 different dried botanicals including Grand Wormwood, Anise, Fennel, dried lemons and mint from around the world for one week. After one week of steeping, the distillate and the herbs goes through a fractional distillation to collect the hearts and parts of the tails containing the herbaceous oils and flavors. The final distillate is diluted down to a whopping 66% ABV using New York tap water, and then additional herbs including fresh mint leaves are added to color and flavor the absinthe. Minor filtering is performed before the absinthe is bottled, wax sealed and hand labeled.

The trinity is there so maybe they listened and reformulated, although the levels of anise could still be low. It also sounds really minty.

Does "Green Absinthe Verte" remind anyone of the phrase "Chili con Queso with cheese" or "ATM Machine"?  ;) 

I know "Green" is intended in the environmental sense and "Verte" is for the color but the phrasing is still funny to me.

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

#34 Georges Meliès

Georges Meliès

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:29 AM

Or "VIN number". ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2016 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association