Appropriate bottle for PF1901

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Georges Meliès

Georges Meliès

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

Antique Pernot bottles turn up fairly often but usually for surprisingly high prices. I finally found one at something of a bargain price, with some great bubbles and flaws from being hand-blown. It had no label so I downloaded a high-resolution scan off the net, printed it out, sealed it with Krylon Krystal-Klear (artist's fixative), and pasted it in place. Hard to tell it's not original.

I figure that since Jade PF1901 is meant to emulate a Pernod Fils of the era, it would be appropriate to transfer it into this antique bottle as a little touch of authenticity for my private pleasure. Since I use antique glasses. spoons, and saucers, I like the idea of pouring a serving from an antique bottle.... I guess I'm just OCD.

Attached Files

"A glass of absinthe is as poetical as anything in the world. What difference is there between a glass of absinthe and a sunset?" -- (attributed to Oscar Wilde)

#2 Georges Meliès

Georges Meliès

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

Flaws in the neck of the bottle. I've never seen bubbles stretched to this length in old glass!

Attached Files

"A glass of absinthe is as poetical as anything in the world. What difference is there between a glass of absinthe and a sunset?" -- (attributed to Oscar Wilde)

#3 Derrick

Derrick

Intoxicologist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

Nice job!

"Reality is a crutch for people who can't enjoy absinthe."

#4 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,172 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:03 AM

Love it!

Your idea of filling it with PF 1901 is spot on, in my humble opinion.

Cheers!

Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#5 Bob Tessier

Bob Tessier

WS token Canuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

I did something similar with a cheap armagnac and an empty Gaston Legrand 1986 bottle. I swear, I don't try to pass it off as the real thing! :laugh:  And it looks nicer than the original bottle.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association