TheLoucheyMonster!

Absinthe One (is it Pandor, Fenom , or something similar?)

Another brand launch is on the horizon, touted as an exclusive, high end super premium absinthe.

But the promo literature describes it as something that remains clear, wont louche, low ABV, and mixer friendly.

It sounds more like a cocktail thingy than an Absinthe, and I can't help but notice how similar the descriptions are with the brands Pandor and Fenom.

You can read at the following links:

Brand FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/absintheone

and a little more from the brand owner, fashionable photographer Florent Carman.

https://www.facebook.com/FlorentCarminOfficial

So who makes it? Found a clue here:

crafted in Haute Saône (since 1811),

source:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/florent-carmin/34/440/7a

Haute Saône, plus 1811 = clearly points towards Lemercier, (makers of Pandor. Fenom)

Re branding, or even something similar, this product one sounds like it will only confuse the public about absinthe.

Watch for the hype and hoopla, and I read enough to be skeptical with this one.

Edited by TheLoucheyMonster!

Fabulous:

Overseen by a renowned French distillery, the Absinthe One recipe gets its pronounced and pleasing herbaceousness from a maceration of botanicals such as Green and Star Anise, Fennel, Wormwood, Gentian and Mugwort, while natural aroma of sage adds dimension to the bouquet. To impart the fennel flavor typical of absinthe, most producers rely on anethol, a flavor compound derived from anise. But Absinthe One’s master distiller avoids this shortcut and relies on the maceration of raw ingredients, keeping this crafted spirit bright and fresh while avoiding the “Ouzo effect,” which occurs when the anethol compound comes into contact with water and muddies the drink. This attention to detail and hands-on approach results in a focused and clear spirit with an outstanding flavor profile and versatility.

<facepalm>

Double that.

Triple...

What's an absinthe without louche?

(I don't want to call it an "Ouzo effect".)

Edit:

Nice bottle and design of the label though.

Edited by SethP

Sounds like another infused vodka trying to pass itself off as absinthe. An absinthe that doesn't louche isn't an absinthe in my book. The misleading info about anethole is an attempt to undermine the education done that has reduced the fauxsinthe market.

<facepalm>

Double that.

Triple...

Edit:

Nice bottle and design of the label though.

Quadruple the facepalm.

I don't buy booze based on the bottle design and label. If I did...I'd be into wine instead of absinthe. Neener neener. :harhar:

Neither do I (actually). :secret2:

But if a good product also has a nice label and box, bottle, case etc it's definately a + ... at least compared to it having a handwritten label made with a marker or something and a standard cardboard box.

But those were good products to start with I guess? In a nice bottle and with a nicely designed label I'd guess you'd rate it even higher? (Not the taste or actual drinking experience but all in all I mean?)

A sharpie and no label?

C'mon, Brian, be honest.

You mean a quill pen and vellum label dontcha? :tongue:

Edited by Absomphe

Where Abs dipped his quill is something I'd just rather not think about.

The aesthetics of a nice label are undeniable but the sharpie and masking tape have described some of my personal favorites. Similarly, nice labels and bottles have held some of the vilest garbage ever sold as absinthe.

. Similarly, nice labels and bottles have held some of the vilest garbage ever sold as absinthe.

This" Absinthe One" is definitely a re-bottling.

I read the threads on the face book page, and noticed than Brian's questions were answered with marketing-speak, and the direct question about Pandor/Fenom has been ducked

However, further down, someone asked:

tu lancés une nouvelle boisson? (you launched a new drink?)

reply:

On a cette absinthe depuis 4 ans mais venons de changer le degré d'alcool et le packaging (Was absinthe 4 years but just change the alcohol and packaging)

Where Abs dipped his quill is something I'd just rather not think about.

Says the guy clutching the big, oily phallic symbol, with his mouth agape. :laf:

Edited by Absomphe