Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,803 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

Review Page Added

Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#2 JosephLabrecque

JosephLabrecque

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:43 AM

I had a sample of this a few days ago and my thoughts are very similar to Brian's review. A great blanche with a little something extra!

#3 Georges Meliès

Georges Meliès

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

Agreed. I've tried it twice and it is an exceptional blanche. Thumbs up.

#4 SethP

SethP

• PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

Of blanches I've only had Blanchette (from Combier), Kübler (that I consider a blanche) and one single glass of Absente before. But compared to them I'd say that Neige is outstanding. There's certainly "more" to it than is the case with Blanchette and Kübler, and definately compared to Absente.

Edited by SethP, 04 December 2013 - 03:47 PM.

Top five brands so far:
Jade (PF) 1901 - this is a winner but also quite an expensive brand (It can be well diluted though) | Grön Opal - Swedens most excellent and newest absinthe | Libertine 72 - for the low price and because it can also be diluted really wellDuplais Balance - very tasty indeed and for quite some time my favourite | Mansinthe - which I find a little bit more "spicy" than others, but with no downsides

#5 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,803 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

Absente ain't a Blanche though. :)
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#6 SethP

SethP

• PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

Well, Brian. I might be mistaking about that one. Either about the brand or about the color. (If there isn't any clear/uncolored Absente?)

Top five brands so far:
Jade (PF) 1901 - this is a winner but also quite an expensive brand (It can be well diluted though) | Grön Opal - Swedens most excellent and newest absinthe | Libertine 72 - for the low price and because it can also be diluted really wellDuplais Balance - very tasty indeed and for quite some time my favourite | Mansinthe - which I find a little bit more "spicy" than others, but with no downsides

#7 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• 3,304 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

This is really a great blanche.  It's a classic Swiss la bleue, but with a gracefully assertive personality, yet it does this without changing its la bleue character, which is nice.

The aroma and finish are outstanding.  I'd rank it among the best 2 or 3 commercial Swiss blanches out there, in a sea of so-so la bleues.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association