Hello Everyone,

My name is Jerry and I live in Sunny Florida on the once quiet West Coast just outside of Tampa. I have been visiting this site for quite some time and thought it was time to join. I have been drinking, sharing and enjoying my absinthe with friends and family. I started quite by accident about two years ago when a friend suggested we get a bottle of Lucid. From what I was told that was not a bad start. However, I started experimenting to expand my taste and enjoyment of absinthe. I have been enjoying Paciifique (my favorite so far), Rigid Verte, and Walton Waters, just to name a few. Some were not so enjoyable such as the Green Fairy. When I heard about Marteau Master's Reserve I knew I had to try it. I am anxiously awaiting my first bottle to arrive so I can expand my knowledge and delight my taste buds! I will share with all of you once I have tasted and I am sure enjoyed my upcoming experience.

Welcome Jerry, you won't be disappointed with the master's reserve. My bottle arrived a couple of weeks ago and it's a definite contender for the best modern absinthe (at least among the 30 or so I've tried

Welcome to the Forum, Jerry!

Hello Everyone,

I have been enjoying Paciifique (my favorite so far), Rigid Verte, and Walton Waters, just to name a few.

I agree. Pacifique is one of my top-shelf favorites, too. Marteau Reserve (or otherwise) is extraordinary and is clearly, one of the best along with Pacifique.

I am also a little flattered. I'm delighted our absinthe warrants a stiff nickname from you. ;)

Thank you for the warm welcome - I realized I made a little mistake it the wording of one of my favorites The Ridge Verte not Rigid Luscious Oily Lesbians!! My Marteau arrives tomorrow and I am axiously waiting its arrival - I do have to thank all of you for all the input prior to joining - Without it I might have been drinking just some old green slime!

Welcome! Pacifique was the first absinthe I tried, close to a year ago, and I understand why it's your favorite. I'm excited 'cause I have a bottle of Marteau on the way.

Well, my first bottle arrived today from Catskill Cellars - As I opened the bottle, I immediately noticed its fragrance and was very pleased - I poured myself a shot just to taste and I was overwelmed with the smoothness of this wonderful new asbinthe I had discovered! All I can say at this incredible moment is wow and thank you Gwydion Stone - I now have a new favorite! In addition - I now know better than to leave my computer when I am leaving a post as a friend of mine added that liitle spicy comment in my last post about the Ridge Verte! - Any way I will be back later - I intend toi have a wonderful evening with my Marteau Master's Reserve. Cheers!!!

Edited by NYTrekkie

Just a quick update I tried diluting two to one - poured the water slowing over the sugar cube and louching was fast and nice, the flavor was still distinct and full bodied. Now I am glad i oreded the second bottle - I had faith and it was on my side looks like I came out ahead - later or tomorrow would be better! Thank you again - I never new it could taste this good!

I'm flattered by your kind words, Jerry. Try diluting at 5:1, more of the flavors and aromas will come through. Remember, although absinthe is a distilled spirit, it was always intended to be drunk more like wine, and at similar strength.

Also, your earlier post wasn't meddled with by your friend, it's a word filter originally meant to discourage chat-speak. There are others. ;)

What part of the gulf coast are you on? I lived in Sarasota and Bradenton back in the 70s.

I live in Riverview, just south of Brandon and east of Tampa. I will try diluting it as you said at 5:1 - Too bad you do not live closer anymore as I would enjoy the company and conversation and I love to share my experiences with you as I do with others. Although if you lived closer would I be enjoying my Masters's Reserve at this moment?

I have two vices in my life... Cars, I love sports cars and now Absinthe - I do not skimp on either and I accelpt no substitutes!

I drive a 2014 Porsche Cayman and Drink Marteau Master's Reserve as you well know!

PS. I do not mix the two as one contains oil and the other water! I will shut up now as I have some diluting to do. Thank you :thumbup:

I'll be coming to FL in the coming year to meet up with a distributor. I have family and friends there in various parts of the state and I'll be all over the place, including going to see the old neighborhoods. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up. :cheers:

...Rigid Verte...

I am also a little flattered. I'm delighted our absinthe warrants a stiff nickname from you. ;)

I just snickered really loudly in a full Starbucks.

That sounds like an excellent list of absinthes. I need to re-purchase a few of those myself. Welcome! :cheers: