Sign in to follow this  
Jack Griffin

Absinthe Junod

I wanted to share this photo with you, as it is a special one for me. It is a bottle of pre-ban Junod, and a glass of this wonderful absinthe,

reunited with an advertising piece from the same period, a small metal coin dish advertising this brand.

The amazing part was I bought the little dish at Absinthiades a couple weeks ago, and it fell out of messenger bag, and was lost.

I was heartbroken, as this photo was my reason for buying it; to reunite it with the bottle... I felt my jet-lagged clumsiness betrayed

the care the piece deserved. Miraculously, the man who runs Absithiades responded to my sad e-mail, by saying it was found by his sister! The result, is this photo. I hope you enjoy this image as much as I do. The coin is a 25 centime from 1914, the final year before the ban, and the price on the saucer, is also 25 centimes; it is sort of an ironic, hidden element in the photo. Cheers.

junodfamily1lr.jpg

PLus 5 for the great photo.. So would you have a review available?

And can I ask you have a whole bottle of Junod to yourself???

A handful of friends from WS and my Book's FB group chipped in. We each put up equal $ for 50 mm samples, sharing the bottle.

It was a great project, and a wonderful way to experience this great absinthe!

I got to have a taste or two of Junod (for which I am super thankful). I thought it was really good, though not quite in the "sublime" camp. Then again, there was a ton of really nice booze flying around that night.