Sign in to follow this  
absinthe360

Hi from Oregon USA.

Hello, I'm from Portland Oregon, USA.

I've never actually had absinthe but I've wanted to try it for years.

For the admittedly silly reasons that I like the color green, and when I first heard about it was illegal.

And since even domestic US brands are relatively expensive and there are no little sample size bottles to try I don't want to waste my money on a whole bottle of an inferior product.

So I'll look around on here and possibly ask some questions (after looking in search of course).

Welcome to the Forum. After checking out a few reviews, start checking out some of the nicer bars in your neighborhood. I believe both Pacifique and Marteau are available in Oregon.

Welcome! Lucid and Leopold Bros. both sell 375 ml bottles if you're looking stateside. And absinthes.com sells sample flights that will give you a great intro. :)

There are several absinthes in the US in 200 ml bottles too. Including La Clandestine, St. George and Mansinthe.

Thanks guys for the welcome.

375 and 200ml is still pretty big (if it turns out I don't like it :D ) I was thinking more like 50ml.

thanks for recommending Absinthes.com it looks like a good deal they've got little 50ml "tubes" for $9 + and shipping which isn't too bad.

I've asked at a few bars and they didn't have any absinthe, I'll have to look around some more, that's probably my cheapest option to try absinthe.