• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 TheLoucheyMonster!

TheLoucheyMonster!

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

An Absenta fron Argentina.  Looks like it is traditionally distilled following traditional French-Swiss methods. ( Not a cheep oil mix).  It is also nice to see on the facebook page they don't like burning.

websites in Spanish:

https://www.facebook...osTigresdelaIra

I like the 'tiger eye' absinthe spoons, and the small 65 L. copper still.

another webpage

http://tigresdelaira...sobre-nosotros/

It looks like they have two styles.

#2 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

Junkyard Dog

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

Argentina seems to be overlooked in absinthe history. The "Men of Tango" were known to be very fond of absinthe, and you can find many versions of this song from back in the day.

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

#3 baubel

baubel

Hued-pottymouth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

Me gustaria probarlo.

A little technological fix to a spiritual problem.

#4 Cajun Magic

Cajun Magic

Diab Soulé

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

¡Igualmente! ¡ME TAMBIEN! :cheerz:

Edited for punctuation (upside down excamation point added.

Edited by Cajun Magic, 18 September 2013 - 06:53 AM.

Laissez le bon temps rouler!
L' Huere Verte! C'est le bon temps!
Absinthe! Comme c'est la douceur de vivre!

#5 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,794 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

Claro que si!

Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#6 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,601 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Lo que dijeron.

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#7 tigres de la ira

tigres de la ira

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

It's great that you be interested in the absinth made ​​in our small distillery. We use a handmade copper  still  of 65 liter -made by an a local artisan. We performed 2 recipes, one using the traditional recipe of Portanlier published by P. Duplais and other personal variation, where in addition to traditional herbs I used some local herbs that give a lemony touch. The first maceration of this "special edition" it´s made by repose as the coloring, finally we put it 3 months in oak barrel.

From the classic Suisse Verte we have done 6 editions, has a good louche and deep green color, has been enjoyed and well valued by absintheurs circuit of Buenos Aires and other regions an next countries. The "special edition" comes out every 6 months (coinciding with the solstices ), we have done only one edition of 60 bottles. All our bottles are numerated and hand-labeled but with a personal aesthetic, the Tigres logo and typography was created by a friend and the label was designed by me, as the tigers eye spoons, made by a goldsmith friend (https://www.facebook...&type=1).

We are small homemade distillery with the delicated art of the handmade with attention to all technical and chemical processes and doing the appropriate movements to get inside the norm ... that now it´s the most difficult part.

Salud!960121_401797983285186_150203976_n.jpg​

"Los tigres de la ira son más sabios que los caballos de la instrucción" 

-William Blake

#8 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,969 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

We are small homemade distillery with the delicated art of the handmade with attention to all technical and chemical processes and doing the appropriate movements to get inside the norm ... that now it´s the most difficult part.

And also, the most fun part!  Welcome to the club.  Best of luck in your endeavors. :cheers:

#9 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,601 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

What he said!

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#10 TheLoucheyMonster!

TheLoucheyMonster!

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:19 AM

Best of success with your distillery!

It is always nice to see true and  traditional absinthe re born all over the world! :cheers:

#11 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

Junkyard Dog

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

Cheers to that!

Any word on U.S. distribution or online availability?

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

#12 tigres de la ira

tigres de la ira

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:06 AM

Disculpen mi inglés, no es fácil escribir en su jodida lengua tan falta de verbos, sustantivos y metáforas, pero me esforzaré en explicarme mejor.

When I talk about  " doing the appropriate movements to get inside the norm ... that now it´s the most difficult part." I mean that we are a illegal distillery and we are doing all the process to be in order. The alchemical process It´s the best, I love to have a transparent alambic to watch what is happening inside (in addition to the heard and the smell)... I guess that the "illegal part" is related with the fact that we don´t have U.S. distribution, neither online availability, we only made some shipments inside the country. But maybe if you know of someone that comes to Buenos Aires we will be happy to send you a bottle. These days a journalist from Canadá (Jeff Campagna: http://jeffcampagna.com)  it´s making a coverage about the "new escene of Absinth in Buenos Aires". 

I have some questions about the first macerate with herbs ¿It´s some thread in the forum to follow? 

... and if something it´s not clear about my "tarzanian" english, let me know to correct it.

(p´k si me wevean me pongo a hablar como longi y ahí si que no entienden ni una wea´)

Salud!

Edited by tigres de la ira, 13 February 2014 - 08:07 AM.

-William Blake

#13 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,969 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:32 AM

Your English is fine.  The occasional word choice makes me smile but don't worry, you are communicating well.

If you want to discuss distillation technique, free free to ask here on this thread or if you wish, send a personal message to any of the commercial distillers here. :cheers:

#14 tigres de la ira

tigres de la ira

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:17 AM

I have a question about maceration. I use two methods for two diferents kinds of absinthe, the basis is the same traditional sequence: 
- maceration

- distillation

- coloration

- reduce alcohol

To the 74% vol/alc edition (named "especial") the herbs are macerated with ethanol 86%vol for 42 days, then place it in the alambic for disitill.

It´s necessary to add a period of maceration with heat or just the distillation process?

I think the heat over the distillation is enough. 

-William Blake

#15 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

Junkyard Dog

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

An interesting blog article about this distillery, Argentinian absinthe-culture, and the obstacles they face. Like most blogs I'm sure it could use some fact checking but at least a decent amount of people in the area seem to be well educated about absinthe.

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association