• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 herbgirl

herbgirl

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

Would any of you lovely people be interested in reading the first draft of my MSc dissertation, since the topic is on absinthe? It's about 30 pages, so I understand if that's a bit much, but it would be greatly appreciated if I could get any feedback. Just send me a PM with an email addy I can send a copy to.

:drunk:

^How I feel right now having completed it. Whew! :twitchsmile:

#2 jcbphd

jcbphd

Hooch Essence

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:00 PM

You had me at dissertation. PM sent.

Temperance, like chastity, is its own punishment. ~Four Vines "The Peasant"

Ça descend la gorge comme le bébé Jésus en culottes de velours.

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough. ~Frank Crane

#3 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

Junkyard Dog

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

awww yeah!

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

#4 greytail

greytail

Viridis umbra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

Yes.
Nos adepto quis nos mereo. Nos mereo quis nos adepto.

#5 TheLoucheyMonster!

TheLoucheyMonster!

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

Me 2!  :mbanana:

#6 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,801 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

Absolutely.

Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#7 gee13

gee13

• PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

Could you at least post your abstract on here? Whats your Msc major in? thanks :)

Edited by gee13, 14 August 2013 - 06:07 PM.

#8 herbgirl

herbgirl

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

My MSc is in Ethnobotany through the University of Kent at Canterbury. 

Thank you everyone who has offered! I was in bed at that point (darn time difference) so I have just sent out copies of my dissertation now. Abstract clipped from my project proposal below. 

Abstract

The first aim of this project is to assess the history of absinthe, its so-called ‘sordid past’. A historical record will be put together from varying sources, both past and present, in order to provide a base for subsequent threads of research to branch out from. In the second aim, in order to assess how the past perceptions at the height of absinthe's popularity in the late 1800s and early 1900s continues to affect public perception and beliefs to this day, questionnaires will be used to gather a sample of public knowledge and beliefs in regards to absinthe. The third aim of this project is to determine which herbs are being used by distillers in different countries to make absinthe and how those herbs affect public preference. Semi-structured interviews will be used to determine why current distillers are choosing the herbs that they choose to include in their absinthe recipes, as well as to record the diversity of plants being included. Following this will be an organoleptic session with volunteers to gauge opinion on taste preferences based on herbs included in each absinthe, as part of the fourth and final aim. By weaving together the many strands of minor research in this project in order to create a verdant tapestry, I hope that it will clarify how the history of this herbal beverage is effecting the perceptions and decisions currently surrounding its revival.

Thanks everyone!

#9 Mork

Mork

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:33 AM

Yes please!

#10 AndrewMTO

AndrewMTO

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

Would any of you lovely people be interested in reading the first draft of my MSc dissertation, since the topic is on absinthe? It's about 30 pages, so I understand if that's a bit much, but it would be greatly appreciated if I could get any feedback. Just send me a PM with an email addy I can send a copy to.
:drunk:
^How I feel right now having completed it. Whew! :twitchsmile:

Yes please. I will send a pm with my e-mai.

#11 gee13

gee13

• PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

How lucky of you to get to do your dissertation in this field herbgirl. Have you read Food of the Gods by Terence Mckenna? Its an ethnobiological history of the relationship between man and plants through antiquity.

#12 Angelo

Angelo

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:02 AM

Please send me a copy, knowledge is power!

#13 Neuron

Neuron

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

I'd be honored to be allowed to see an advance copy! I hope you get your thesis published. It sure sounds fascinating and I'm glad your academic faculty allowed you to do the research.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association