Sign in to follow this  
CommonlyBill

Hi Everybody!

Hello. I am new to both the WS site as well as absinthe. I have always been intrigued by it and finally decided to search out some for trial earlier this month. The local store had four brands (Absente, Vieux, Perrod, and St. George). Based on my finances and my desire to try any absinthe for the first time, I went with the cheapest brand-Absente. I did this with no research and knew that cheapest is not the best....but what's a guy to do? Got home, got it set up, and loved it. Drank 2 glasses that evening and pretty much killed the bottle within two weeks time.

Close to finishing the bottle, I decide to start looking into Absente as a brand, other brands, and how it stacked up to those other brands. When I ran across this site and the reviews, I was a little upset. I still have not tried absinthe. I am currently working on correcting this (quite literally, too: I plan on making a purchase on payday!).

So, here I am. After foraging through the site and dabbling in the forums looking for information, I decided to join. My day job is accounting/editorial duties at Indiana University. I have two amazing kids (6 and 3), enjoy vinyl (funk, old r&b, soul), football, video games, reading when I can, and the outdoors. I have already learned much from the posts here and I look forward to learning much more.

Cheers!

Welcome and cheers CommonlyBill! We'll get you on the right track and then some! :cheers:

For brevity's sake can I call you CB?

Edited by Cajun Magic

@Cajun Magic-you can most certainly shorten it to CB! The knowledge I've already picked up just dancing in the shadows has been epic. Certainly wish I had come here before the knee jerk purchase.

Again, thank you all for the welcome. Cheers!