Sign in to follow this  
ilion

Been a dabbler and looking to learn more

Hello everyone!

I always have trouble with these introductory posts. I'm a west coast Canadian who's had the pleasure of sampling a bit of absinthe now and then. I'm currently working on setting up a night to introduce some friends to the wonderful drink. I've slowly been assembling some of the accoutrements (I've had a spoon that works for awhile now, but purchased my first antique spoon yesterday!) to enjoy the full ritual.

My first purchase was unfortunately a bottle of Hills, but I have learned a lot since then! I'm fortunate enough to have a lot of access to BC's Taboo absinthe which seems to be highly appreciated in these parts. I'm hoping to try a variety of other brands before long although it sounds like Ontarioans have had a lot of issue importing it. Maybe things will be easier here in BC?

I look forward to participating in the conversations around here!

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for pointing that out TheLoucheyMonster! It does sound like an odd mix but as it's local I may have to check it out.