Sign in to follow this  
DJM

I suppose this is where I make my introductions...

Well, hello there everyone. I'm DJM from Boston, MA. I stumbled across your site from the La Fee Verte page.

I've never tried absinthe-- to be honest, I had no idea that it still existed, until I saw the article The Mystery of the Green Menace in the November issue of Wired Magazine. Right after reading the Ted Breaux piece, I went online to see what I could find. And, here is where I ended up.

I have to admit, my main motivation for trying absinthe is sheer curiosity-- what is it really like? Given what I've learned so far, I'm looking forward to meeting the Green Fairy. :)

Good to have you onboard! And enough information here to fire you up with a good start! (no pun on burning intended, don't burn)

What's it really like? As a newcomer to absinthe myself, I will tell you what my experience has been. It is, as has been described, a clear-headed, full body buzz. I don't get any of the foggy head as I do with absolutely everything else I have ever drank.

I do not imbibe in alcoholic beverages a lot. I really like a good pastis, but after 2 of them, I am not usually fit for polite company. Absinthe doesn't make me feel that way. I can think clearly and remember everything. I can even speak French a bit which is an ability I lose after drinking wine. Go figure.

Now, having said that, there are probably people who attended the New Years Eve party who will call bulls**t on me and say I was a raving drunk!

Oh, yes. I do not hallucinate or hear voices (other than the usual ones) or feel compelled to cut off a small appendage. That part IS bulls**t.

Welcome.

WARNING:

The clear headed, remembering everything deal doesn't apply if you drink too many.

WARNING:

The clear headed, remembering everything deal doesn't apply if you drink too many.

Uh, what he said.

I'm looking forward to meeting the Green Fairy....
:)

And She's definitely not like one from any kids fairy tale! :cheers:

Welcome

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

GrayWolf:

(no pun on burning intended, don't burn)

Indeed. I saw the two "flamingshot" videos. Setting myself on fire isn't my idea of having a good time.

G&C:

"Moderation in all things" is a rule I try to follow-- at times, I'm even successful! :Luscious Oily Lesbians!:

Saxon:

From Boston and a Mencken quote (one of my favorites at that) - I like you already.

I wish I knew more about Mencken than the quote; I came across it while web-surfing, and liked it so much that I added it to a collection that keep on my computer. Considering the office politics that I am sometimes forced to deal with, I find his sentiments very appealing.

Hey DJM. I'm another newbie from Boston. I've only tried one absinthe so far, but I'll be placing an order soon, armed with all the cool info from this site and others.

Welcome :cheers:

Snow = Blech!

I had over a foot to shovel yesterday, but since I spent the day hunkered down in the house I spent the day with all you lovely people.