Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Sites that sell sample bottles?

but still we should see some few examples here and there of old bottles that isn't "amazing". They are indeed amazing in regards to their age, but I don't get why every single bottle that has been unearthed so far has been found to be of such amazing quality.

There have been plenty that aren't amazing. J. Pommere, Albado, Mohawk, Argenti, Levrai, Comoz, to name a few. But as what people, including myself have already said, the odds are stacked in favor of the best products.

Just another vote for absinthes.com. I placed an order on the evening of July 27. On the afternoon of August 1 I received the shipment in perfect order. Four days from Germany to California. Totally efficient and completely flawless. That is really astounding. My orders from Astor take twice as long.

Edit: spelling yet again.

Edited by Georges Meliès

Roquette 1797 and two bottles of Esprit Edouard as back-ups. That one is proving to be a favorite.

This was shipped Fedex, the last order came by DHL tranferred to US Post upon arrival in the US. That took a week, still good time for the distance.

I agree the odds are definitely in favour of the best products. Still I believe there is a natural tendency people have to slightly exaggerate the greatness of an old bottle in some cases.

Either way I did not intend to start a argument over this, it was just meant as a funny observation, not to step on any toes.

Also, to moderate myself the list you gave seem to answer my question, there are several that have missed my attention.

Regarding shipping: Absinthes.com has been simply amazing every single time I've ordered something, but what impresses me most is their handling when something goes wrong.

I've never experienced anything like it.

But to be fair "vertdabsinthe.com" has also been very helpful:)

Yet another shout-out for absinthes.com. My latest order left Germany on Tuesday and was scheduled to arrive in Califoria next Monday. I got it today, Friday afternoon. Impeccable.

I really don't know how they get these past Customs, but none of my 3 orders has been held up for more than an hour in that regard.

Wow that is amazing shipping. I ordered a bottle from a domestic distributor last Friday. It sat for a couple days in MD and then took four days to get from there to UT. At last update check, that's where it is still sitting. I don't blame the distributor...I think its the carrier.