Sign in to follow this  
darkvader75

Hello fellow lovers of Absinthe!

I have recently become infatuated with Absinthe. I was spoiled day one by this quirky sweet bitter complex beverage. I had Meadows on my very 1st day. Since then I have been in a funk unable to locate any local sellers. I ended up with a decent fake. It tastes kinda right and looks kinda right, but you can tell all over that still isn't right. Absinthe Ordinaire by the ever hated Absente LLC. It's the best I could find locally. I never even considered that I might be able to buy it online. I have an extensive Scotch collection and am quite adept at it and never once bought a bottle online. So I'm kinda surprised at how easy it is. I am dabbling through the options atm to see what all to get. Both Delaware's, the St George, Tenneyson and Viex carre sound good?

I have my own double fountain and 4 glass's and spoons and sugar and ice bowl.

I made a video of just how poor the louche is on this sugar and dye added attempt at cheap Absinthe.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Telecasterland

I'm in metro Detroit if any of yeall are around these parts we should have a tasting :-)

Chad P.

Thanks guys. It really is a marvelous experience. I so wonder what Pernod would of become without the false witch-hunt that banned our marvelous drink.

Chad P.

The absinthe landscape in Michigan is somewhat barren. Sounds like you have a good range of a variety of absinthes in mind, though I'd advise to go small on the St. George...it's hard to get rid of an entire normal-sized bottle. :harhar:

Hello and welcome! :cheers:

It really does doesn't it. What can you expect from Yellow and Blue Dye? Laugh out Loud.

Edited by darkvader75

My giddiness is growing. I am anxious for my bottles to finally arrive. :-)

St. George Absinthe Verte 57.99
Delaware Phoenix Meadow of Love Absinthe 74.99
Delaware Phoenix Walton Waters Absinthe 74.99
Vieux Carre Absinthe 56.99
Tenneyson Absinthe Royale 49.99
I assume these prices are decent given the small batch processing of most decent absinthe.
The waiting is the worst. :-(