Sign in to follow this  
simon

sydney newb de-lurking

hi, i'm simon a sound engineer and psychology student from sydney, australia. i've been browsing WS for a couple of months to supplement the knowledge i've been slowly accumulating from personal experience. just signed up so i could post, but thought i'd better start here and introduce myself.

it's the old, old story; boy meets girl, boy gets girl's number, boy hears an absinthe bar has just opened up, boy takes girl to absinthe bar, both expecting to get trashed on flaming shots and have meaningless sex, boy and girl instead experience fine french and swiss absinthe, boy and girl end up in long term relationship, absinthe bar becomes boy and girl's special place. how many times have we seen that story?

over the following 3 years we've both been focusing on studying, so we couldn't afford to go to our special place (an awesome joint called the absinthe salon) all that often, but recently on a visit we saw they were selling a used 4 tap water fountain half price, so we spontaneously dove in and bought the fountain, glasses, a big box of sugar cubes, a bottle of jade PF1901, and they generously threw in some spoons.

that first bottle lasted about 2 days, although we sold about half of it by the glass to our housemates. since then we've also bought and drunk bottles of nouvelle orleans, edouard and duplais blanche. we seem to be on a mission to educate our friends one at a time and turn them into avid absintheurs, so that they all need to buy lots of it, and the availability goes up and the prices go down. well, that'd be nice, anyway...

so that's me, thanks for reading!

cheers,

simon

Welcome!

how many times have we seen that story?

Not often enough! Good first experiences with absinthe like that are rare. Many of us have newbie horror stories.

Cheers!

:cheers:

Hey Simon

Welcome too! Im from Perth myself so I guess this is big HELLO from another aspiring new absintheur from this west of oz. You are lucky you have gaye at the absinthe salon in surry hills. Very helpful with my purchases so far. We don't have anothing remotely close here and Im so surprised at the raised eyebrows when I mention that Ive been partaking in absinthe rituals. Theres so much misinformation and ignorance - at first mention everyone reckons Im going to go mad, all its done is given me an enjoyment of a new drink Ive always wanted to try for a good decade Luscious Oily Lesbians!

Cheers

G

I could use a good sound engineer. Any plans to visit Montana, soon?

depends how much your paying for a good sound engineer! will work for plane tickets, accommodation and alcohol :punk:

Edited by simon

Hey Simon Im from perth and a neophyte as well! So welcome too. You're lucky to have the salon in surry hills, we have nothing here in wa. Cheers

Hey Simon Im from perth and a neophyte as well! So welcome too. You're lucky to have the salon in surry hills, we have nothing here in wa. Cheers

yep, without those guys i'd never be on this whole trip! i think i heard them mention franchising once, maybe you could start absinthe salon perth?

Funny that it did cross my mind :euro: .. we'll have to see about that!! Id have to start experiencing more absinthe lines..but I have a background in fine wines so this is a fresh breath of air for the moment.