Sign in to follow this  
Steve Fish

WTB: Sample sized glass

I am in the market to purchase an absinthe glass (or two) in an antique style (or, dare I ask, an actual Époque-period glass) in a smaller size and preferably with a fill score on the outside. I'm looking for something sized appropriately for sampling (12-17ml doses) rather than everyday drinking amounts. If you have anything like this for sale or could point me in the right direction, I would very grateful.

- Steve

I have used the La Rochere Ecaille glass for years. It's not an absinthe glass at all but it serves nicely for making small tasting glasses when a wide variety is the name of the game.

Also, they are tough as nails. You can punt them across the room and only break your toe. I think it's supposed to be 6 fluid ounces but the little boopies lend themselves for measuring much smaller servings.

e564d317-e26a-4090-ba24-b711b10322e8_320

Excellent glass, Joe. I did see that one online and wondered if the size and markings would suffice. Sounds like it would be a good choice.

Brian, I've PMed you on your generous offer.

Thank you both so much for responding!

- Steve

Look on eBay, you can find a lot of vintage short Mazagran glasses, usually advertised as absinthe glasses.

I've had a set for a dozen years that has seen a lot of Louchefests™

03d3ae69-e4c9-4dcf-a5f9-37d8f939d871_zps