Sign in to follow this  
ridnovir

WTB: Absinthe Sauvage 1804

It was only a small batch run in the first place. Was sold out within a few days of its release. The second version was also a small release, which was sold out even quicker. :)

That said, if you simply want to try it, let me know. I can give you a sample.

what is it most similar to in terms of taste? i've tried MOL,WW, Italienne,Ridge,Pacific,newest Ancienne.i'd like to buy a sample from you if possible, i started getting serious about absinthe just after sauvage and have been hoping they would make another batch. thanks for any help

I think Berthe de Joux has a lot of similar punch and flavors when "underwatered". A typical dilution with this absinthe can leave it a little light, but I go as low as a 1:2 ratio and it still tastes really good. The Roquette has a very different herb bill, and it's a has a good deal more bitter and camphor notes than Sauvage, which is not at all the wormwood profile you're really looking for.

There are a number of similar qualities between ALL the Pernot absinthes, but Berthe de Joux will have a few more similarities to what you're looking for.