From their website:

Hood River Distillers is the largest and oldest importer, producer, bottler and marketer of spirits in the northwest. These spirits include Pendleton® Whisky, Pendleton 1910™, Broker’s® London Dry Gin, SinFire™ Cinnamon Whisky, Yazi® Ginger Vodka, ULLR® Nordic Libation, HRD® Vodka and the complete line of Monarch® distilled spirits.

Established in 1934 in Hood River, Oregon, Hood River Distillers began by making fruit wines and brandies from the apples, pears and berries that were going to waste as excess production from the valley's abundant harvests.

Located along the Columbia River with majestic Mt. Hood as its backdrop, Hood River Distillers has been at its current bottling facility in Hood River since 1968. The company has expanded the plant for storage and made production line upgrades several times throughout the years.

While many things have changed, the tradition and dedication to the quality and to building long-term relationships has not. Hood River Distillers uses "The Code of the West" as its model for doing business. These ten principles play an integral part in the overall success of the company and its employees.

Although its core distribution began in the Pacific Northwest, Hood River Distillers is currently producing more than 1.25 million cases per year, and distributing its products nationwide. Hood River Distillers is a member of the Century Council and promotes responsible drinking habits.

Producing is not the same as distilling. When I approached them five years ago to make grape spirits for me from local wines, they informed me "we don't actually do any distilling here."

All this means is that ownership has changed hands, I'd be surprised if production moved away from Combier.

That is some news, alright. I hope Gwydion is right on this one, as he usually is, about production staying in Combier. And in Ted's hands, I would ad.

I'm wild ass guessing, Viridian wanted to concentrate on the Jades, and selling the right to distribute Lucid raised a nice bit of capital to help in that cause.

Ding-ding-ding! We have a winner. The Viridian guys are entrepreneurs. The reason they started Lucid was to grow it and sell it. That's the way the liquor business works, and this is just business as usual. Very few of us approach it as a lifestyle business. Even still, if someone made me the right offer, I'd sell Marteau and retire into obscurity.

That is some news, alright. I hope Gwydion is right on this one, as he usually is, about production staying in Combier. And in Ted's hands, I would ad.

Ted doesn't make Lucid and it's not in his hands. Viridian developed the brand—the product concept, image, packaging, and name—and hired Ted to develop the formula. Combier does the production.

Found another article here, the local press.

http://hoodriverbizbuzz.com/?p=4409

Apparently, Gustav Eiffel founded Lucid in 1834:

Lucid is distilled following strict and traditional French guidelines, at the historic Combier distillery in the Loire Valley. Founded in 1834 and designed by Gustave Eiffel (think Eiffel Tower), Lucid is distilled entirely from spirits and European whole herbs and uses no artificial additives, oils, or dyes.

I think he may have meant:

"Lucid is distilled following strict and traditional French guidelines, at the historic Combier distillery in the Loire Valley, founded in 1834, and designed by Gustave Eiffel (think Eiffel Tower). Lucid is distilled entirely from spirits and European whole herbs and uses no artificial additives, oils, or dyes."

Mind your punctuation folks!

Ding-ding-ding! We have a winner. The Viridian guys are entrepreneurs. The reason they started Lucid was to grow it and sell it.

The same thing that Robert Cooper did with St. Germain a few months ago. Difference being St. Germain probably garnered A LOT more money. :)

...and retire into obscurity.

I think that's called Montana. Now, if I can just get that dental floss to sprout.

I didn't realize the point was to sell yer bidness! Ahem.... For sale: one labor of love that's been more fun than can be described in proper company. Almost always breaks even every month. Not in debt. Yet. Must enjoy booze and working closely with many government agencies.

I'm sure it's just paranoia, but the bottle of lucid I just got today seemed.. less green, at first pour. Everything else was exactly the same- the green just seemed more natural and clear. I at first thought they put vodka in my lucid bottle!

It also came with a cute little balacier, which I'm enjoying. tick, tock, drip, drop. ‹‹‹