Sign in to follow this  
Alan Moss

Chris Kassel?

Anyone come across Chris Kassel before?

I saw some comments from him on Facebook

Unfortunately, the absinthe legal in the USA is no more absinthe than Nescafé decaf is Jamaica Blue Mountain. No wormwood and all you have is green ouzo. I have had the real deal in Moscow, and I maintain that there is no comparison to the lame stuff available here.

And then I found his Intoxicology Report article on absinthe from earlier this week: about 25% of the way down, see:

"Only problem is, unlike the stuff you buy in the Czech Republic, the crap that’s legal in the United States contains no thujone—which is the only reason to drink absinthe in the first place. Otherwise, might as well have a shot of Sambuca, which is anise-flavored and has coffee beans in it; absinthe, if you’ve ever had the misfortune, is closer to being anus-flavored."

And he previously wrote this article.

He seems to need some help!

Seems like a nice chap. You ought to pay him a visit Alan.

On a more serious note. I always get a kick out of the argument that absinthe is just a high alcohol beverage in the same arena as say everclear. They (authors of such ideas) don't get that when dilutted properly, a glass of absinthe is now in the arena of a glass of wine in the alcohol content. You don't dilute everclear do you?

Edited by greytail

Just some idiot who is trying to protect a falsely inflated ego by appealing to ignorance.

Kind of like a politician.

There's more of these fools out there, the entire fauxsinthe market is still alive because of them.

He can have his frat boy rumors and silly bullshit, and we can have our science and historical data. People are free to choose who to trust.

Edited by Evan Camomile

I have filed the appropriate report for his reaction on the WS FB page.

butthurt-form.jpg

I know, I know. Childish. But I was very civilized on his page and the FB page. This is in reaction to his name calling and such. :)

Yikes... I wonder if Brendan saw this follow-up to the original. Not cool at all. Brendan (the friend who corrected him) is a great guy, and works very hard to bring absinthe into view in a good way, and he works with Alan. The glib nature of this article's "update" is pretty hard to take, and frankly insults the Hell out of CAB, and a lot of others simply by his constant drug-referencing.