Sign in to follow this  
Pierre

Distillery Tours in France?

Hello all. Sorry to be a stranger as of late, but I need to pop in for some guidance. Does anyone know if there are any distilleries in France that offer tours or are tourist friendly. I will be going to France next month with my dad and will be doing a little bit of traveling around, so we were curious if there were any tours. I already have some placed in Paris noted thanks to the forums. Thanks in advance for any help.

Some of the individual ones, if you go to their websites give information for visits and tours, but since not all of them speak English, sometimes it's hard to get a reply. Or at least, that has been my experience.

Drop Alan Moss a pm. He can even set some stuff up for you.

Not sure if I'm the right person to set up distillery tours in France. :pirate:

But I'll be pleased to help if you want to head a little further East.

You can go to both Emile Pernot and François Guy distilleries around Pontarlier and a few miles (16) east of the Pernot distillery you will find a fine little distillery run by a man with a big heart, I know Alan can help you out.

The best thing I thought of when I am in Pontarlier is to find where all the distilleries used to be by following an old map in the museum in town.

Well... All the distilleries are absinthe lovers friendly AFAIK.

If you pass by Pontarlier, then yes Guy and Pernot may give you the tour, but that stands equal for Devoille (Fougerolles, north of Pontarlier), and Combier (Saumur) AFAIK.

Just contact them beforehand to see if they are not swamped and would have time to see you in correct conditions, but otherwise it should be ok.

Thanks everyone for the help. I am happy to report I will be able to visit the Pernot distillery while in France. Should be fantastic, I can't wait.

Thank you very much! I will have to ask my father if the schedule would permit this, but I would of course love to tour as many distilleries as possible.

100% agree Clement. Just had to double check that we had no pressing issues. Fortunately- it looks like I will be able to make the trip! It is shaping up to be an amazing trip overall.