Sign in to follow this  
TheLoucheyMonster!

Green Velvet, Gaudentia Persoz

Two new (?) absinthes from Swiss distiller Gaudentia Persoz. Blanche and verte.

Same distillery as La P'tite and Valdetra Verte.

English language branding suggests it will be targeted for UK and or US markets.

Quote:

The mixture of twelve different ingredients and the mystery of the 100% natural colouring, which occurs only at night , are just two factors that make Green Velvet an unforgettable pleasure to drink.

(only at night? ) :huh:

http://greenvelvet.ch/

I received a bottle of this today - I needed something else to round out an order for free shipping (the order also including bottles of Authentique, La Grenouille, Grön Opal and Centenaire) and it looked interesting.

First little sip - (yes, it's not even noon yet) - it's very sweet. I added a 1/2 tsp. sugar, and perhaps won't when I make a full glass later today. Very bright peridot color, louches nicely with lots of bursts of cloudy precipitate. Very milky green in color on final louche, very light and refreshing, not overly anise-y (I was worried seeing how quickly and easily it louched, with water was not even ice cold), wormwood is somewhat muted.

I'll revisit it again after it's had some time to rest and I can justify drinking a full glass of absinthe.

I brought some to Boston with me this week and plan to post a review and create the review page as well. Please post a review. It helps everyone who's looking for info.

I brought some to Boston with me this week and plan to post a review and create the review page as well. Please post a review. It helps everyone who's looking for info.

I certainly will, Brian. I did not end up having a full glass the other night, and then I've been out of town the last few days. Also, perhaps you can answer a question that I had, that went unanswered in a different thread - when I log in to do reviews, it gives me the option to create pages for absinthes not added yet. Are "regular" users permitted to do so, or should we always wait for you to do so (as it seems it's usually you that adds them, judging from previous threads)?