Braggi

Absinthe Errors (doing it wrong)

Didn't see a thread where this story would be appropriate so I thought I'd make one. I realize The Wormwood Society is all about doing it right, so consider this thread comic relief, but so often what is funny is also sad and sometimes tragic.

Case in point: http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/erith_teenager_burnt_by_flaming_absinthe_shot_1_1787916

This story is so bizarre I have to wonder if it's even true. True or not, people are reading it.

Enjoy?

I preferred the coverage of this story in The Sun. Much more gruesome.

Setting fire to absinthe, even accidentally, proves to me that Darwin was correct about the survival of the fittest.

It's too sad these "absinthe incidents" are able to happen exactly because absinthe is being seen as the most dangerous drink of history. European kids are drinking 120–180 proof shots of artificial crap thinking it's absinthe (occasionally igniting themselves), which possibly wouldn't be the case if absinthe would have been represented as it really is. This one really backfired on temperance folks.

Holy crap, it's 180 proof.

“I was with five friends in Magaluf and we decided to have a shot in our room before we went out. But as I lifted the glass to my mouth my mate lit a cig and the fumes caught fire."

Translation: "I don't want to admit I was stupid enough to try and drink a flaming shot."

This is wrong on so many levels.

Most definitely, gotta feel for the poor kid. A whole lot of pain for trying to drink "so-called cannabis absinthe", er, crapsinthe?

Martin, it seems the link you posted that Joseph, SC and I replied/commented on has vanished. Kinda makes our posts that followed confusing. I can't imagine why it would have been removed, it was a perfectly valid point to make, and a chance to shed some insights with the guys that made the vid.

Edit: I meant "Martin", not "Marc!" Fixed. It doesn't appear on some Mobile devices, but is here when viewed on a normal computer, it seems. Perhaps it's that whole "no flash on Apple mobile devices" thing. That's why I thought the link vanished. Nevermind! Good comments, hopefully it'll do some good... Not holding my breath, but you never know.

Edited by Scott M.

Absinth for breakfast. Very wrong. [...]

Milk, absinthe cereals, a green colored mess, and alcohol.... :huh: ... Tasty?? Me think not.

But a very challenging "frühstück" I'd suppose? :cool-reaper: