Sign in to follow this  
PuppetMasteX

Absinthiana knowledge request

:shock: Until recently I thought Absinth/e to be something it is not, from what I had seen and heard I believed it to be an worldwide outlawed hallucination drug like drink. I have read up on the subject with great interest and realized how mistaken I was.

I would like to commend the absinthe community for the great information gathered from all points of view and angels, along with the scientific facts made available. I would also like to direct a special thanks to all the reviewers which have eased the introduction and understanding for absinthe for me and undoubtedly numerous others before and after me.

My question being as follows: I have found an overwhelming amount of sites selling accessories such as spoons and glasses. But to my big surprise, nearly all sell nearly the same items with very few exceptions. Although a great number of different ones available, they all seems to come from the same source.

Failing to find out which company stands behind any given Absinthe brand is mighty hard as they literally can't be missed, but finding out which companies are behind a given accessory have proven more difficult.

IE: LDF sells the Jade lineup from Jade Liqueurs, and Absinthe Distribution among many others sells accessories, but who makes them? Which real brands exist in this area? :blink: (EDIT: Clarification, with real brands I mean producers, not resellers or distributors.)

Hi PuppetmasteX. Have you looked at the Virtual Absinthe Museum site?

I'm more into drinking the stuff than playing with the accessories, but if you haven't looked there yet, it might be a good place to start your research.

:cheers:

IIRC the frenchman is responsible for the vast majority of spoons.

Him and Jack sitting in his shack with a single lightbulb over his head muttering about burnt™ government and drilling holes into walmart silverware to sell to the french for $15 each.

Saucier, thank you for a great reference, I have however with great interest viewed the Virtual Absinthe Museum and had I not known about it I would have found great joy in discovering it. I am trying to find which companies it is that produce the new accessories being sold today and the museum aided me little but giving me beautiful design examples and links to resellers.

To answer your question (EDIT: delted?) in a deep metaphysical way as requested, I will quote René Descartes', who long thought about this issue: "cogito, ergo sum". Meaning as you undoubtably know, "I think, therefore I am". Somehow although I feel like this is not entierly in line with the topic at hand.

EDIT:

Thank you Hiram :) Which one source would this be?

TheGreenOne, with "Real brand" I mean the producer, not reseller or distributor.

Jack B, noted it is allready minted in this community. I'll swich it.

I have to say, that considering that I'm a reseller myself, it's somewhat bad form to come here to ask where to get stuff to compete with me, eh?

Also, I have a a no-newbie-hazing policy here. I screened the offending remarks and have dealt with it; please don't escalate the situation.

I wont, moderated forums are always greatly appreciated and should be focused on topic. :)

I have no intention of competing with you. The reason being although they are all beautiful in their way with their history, few I have fallen for. I have a few designs I would be interessed to talk and discuss with the producer.

I see I have stepped on a toe and it was not my intention. It was merly meant as a humble question, I realize and understand your position and will take no offense if the thread is removed or locked. I understand if you wish not to share. But if you would consider, you can pm me or email me at theo@piiqa.com . If not, I appreciate your kind welcoming and contribution of fact to everyone.

Thank you for understanding my position, I just wanted to clarify yours. It probably would have been better to have stated the info about your own designs in your initial post.

The absinthe market appears to be lucrative and attracts a lot of people who recognize the commercial potential, but don't really care about the drink itself and don't care to learn any more about it than they need to make a quick buck. I'm sure you'll appreciate our caution.

Thank you Eric :)

I know what you refer to Hiram. I am a Sphynx breeder and the same thing has sadly happened in our community. Greedy "beings" starting breeding farms with no thought whatsoever on the consequences of their actions :(

My introduction to Absinth was sadly from one of the companies you refer to. My brother brought home a bottle of what best can be refered to as coloured mouthwash for alcoholics back from Tallin, louche being something it would never experience. I refused to believe that which he brought home was to be Absinth, which had created such a name for it in history and it awoke my interest.

Reviewing my post I see it would have been better formulating clearly the reason to my curiosity.

This "might" be a little out of topic, hopefully you will eventually forgive me ;) Picture of one of my two girls and her siblings, as tiny tiny winy wrinkle packages!

Eyes are not really blue, they are born with blue and later change into their "real" color. Unlike many other breeds the babies often are born with eyes open :shock:

Nonillion's (far left, name meaning 10^30 as the odds for her becoming so perfect, lovely and beautiful as she did) being the deepest green you can possibly imagen. There is nothing like a Sphynx, they love being held and are always at your side, always speaking and communcating in their own special way, and they love to cuddle! They can't get enough of it :P

post-360-1136198552_thumb.jpg

When I was married, and living in AZ, we got one of those little guys for my wife, whose allergies made it hard for her to be around other types of cats. Pishpoon ( my wife has verbal dyslexia and was always having trouble pronouncing "pushpin" ) is getting to be around 10 yrs old now, and still acting like a kitten. He was very sneezy the whole first year we had him, and I was always afraid he would be sickly, which would have been emotionally hard on my wife. But he grew up strong, and nowadays he's the bully of the neighborhood, even finding ways to bedevil much larger cats.

One would think so, but it is not really so. We use to "bathe" them in our sauna, and they are even more "cuddelish" in there, if possible. They have a special "word" they use nowadays when they want to take a bath in the sauna, everyone use to laugh so when they see and hear them.

At night the can sleep in their "baskets" with each other, there are plenty of places for them to sleep at more "fit" for them. But they go cuddle with us at night. Not to make any of us jealus, they move around during the night and divide the time they stay at us evenly. Unless they are mad at one of us, which they get when you are away from home a day or more, then they will not sleep with you for about the same period of time.

People who have never seen them use to go:

"MONSTER!" :poke:

"Sorta cute..."

"I'd love one!" :heart:.

As Will Bill's wife I also am allergic, but as long as I give them a bath at least once a week I have no problem with these little angels, but not everyone is as lucky. I think it is hard for anyone not allergic to understand what it means to be able to have a Sphynx in ones life, although wonderfull for anyone :wub:

Below are two links, one showing Nonillion's deep green eyes and the other a little "cuddelish".

Nonillion

Yin & Yang

I think I have gone far away from the topic now and will control myself.

OMG I can hardly contain myself! Shaihulud is also allergic which is why I started looking at sphynx in the first place and I just fell in love with them. I guess I need to start saving my money. Of course in the mean time we have adopted a little siamese cross that was about to be euthanized :( whom I love dearly but some day I must have a sphynx!

Strangely, in China that is a perfectly valid question regarding cats. Though the "question" do give me the creeps  :no:

Why's that? We're not allowed to eat or kill the "cute" animals? Bah! Hypocrites!

If it got dem four legs and is mainly meat - it's food.