herbgirl

Absinthe Student

Hi everybody!

This is my official introduction. My name is Fiona Rairigh and I am currently studying for my Masters degree in the UK. I'm writing my thesis on the ethnobotany of absinthe and was advised to hop on the forum. So, here I am. I look forward to many exciting conversations in the future.

Cheers!

Céad míle fáilte, iníon Rairigh. :cheers:

This could be an interesting discussion; the huge majority of ethnobotanical information about absinthe is anecdotal and unsupported by science. Before the 1970s, absinthe wasn't even thought of as a drug, but a poison, and even then only by fanatical prohibitionists and gullible psychonauts.

Hi Fiona!

In fact we met a couple of weeks ago, and I suggested she join up, because I know we'll have some very interesting discussions here.

Thank you for the warm welcome, everybody! I will make sure that my thesis is readily available when it is complete, and will welcome advice and critiques during the writing stage. Right now I'm working on getting things organized fund wise, as well as hunting down a few articles. I'm more than happy to chat with anyone who might have questions or can offer a bit of help. :biggrin: Again, thank you!