after having verified with Gwydion whether he was ok with that, I'd like to propose here a small service I propose on one of the French forums.
Some must know that I often go "treasure hunting" on French antique markets. Some must also know that I have far too little space at my place to store too many things.
Therefore I often leave on flea markets glasses (even reservoir (but not Pontarlier) ones), common spoons (a good quantity of them), and so forth.
Therefore, I would like to propose the following : in this topic, anyone can post some lines like the following
nickname - object sought for - quantity - max price per unit in € (without port)
and I would look for it on my next hunts.
Full honesty here : if I can strike a good bargain and lower the price for you or a group of you, you will get the items for cheaper, but I'll take a small margin. No that will never make hardly enough to start a business, it's just feels normal that I help you enhancing your gear, I should be able to enhance mine also
The rules are the following :
- You post, I find, you pay, shipping included - Be sure you have the money set aside, I don't know when I will find. I use my own money if I buy for you, the least you can do is hold your promise to buy. If you can find a solution for cheaper shipping (grouping, etc) I am all ears.
- Common items only - What is rare can be found here, or here. Ask for simple spoons, simple glasses, even why not a JR fountain, but if you ask for too rare a thing, I will tell you that I cannot find it for you. I may occasionally find a rare item, but it will either be in poor shape, for me, or for a close friend.
- First come, first serve - There has to be a rule for that. For a given item, I will propose it to the first to ask for it.
- Exception to rule 3 : Taylor made is for you - If by chance I find a group of items which suits perfectly what someone asked for, it will be granted to the person who asked. I don't separate lots.
- 100 posts min - It's not much to get, but proves that you have a definite interest in absinthe, and reduces the risk that you are merely an antiques seller
- Market's a bitch, get over it - There are extraordinary bargains. Some may profit from it (for example if I find a group of glasses/spoons). Most of the time though there won't. Moreover the market for common items is volatile, prices raise and drop. Don't come and tell me that a few months ago the same item went at a cheaper price. Don't come and tell me that the item you payed has lost market value. I know. That's the reality, and I won't/can't do anything about it
- My life - I do that as a free service to fellow absinthe lovers. But it is I who does it, and here are the final limits : if my health prevents me from going to flea markets for a while, I just won't go, no need to pester me, and also, if you have been rude/impolite to me, I will not add or even remove your name from the list.
Now go, the game is yours