Sign in to follow this  
Stef

hello from PA

hello all--my name is Stef (Stefan) and I'm pretty new to absinthe. So far I've tried Meadow of Love,Walton Waters, and Pacifique. I actually tried Kübler blanche also but really didn't care for it. I think I'm probably a verte guy. Recently I've been trying to acquire some L'Italienne but it seems very difficult as Amazon.uk won't send it to me. I am also waiting for L'Ancienne to come out in late Feb/early March. I emailed Stefano (maker of L'Italienne,etc) trying to figure out how to get some and although he didn't know how to help he was super nice and took the time to tell me a little bit about absinthe etc. Anyway I'm excited to start talking absinthe with everyone.

I don't understand, I thought the last L'Italienne was 2008 and that's all there would be.

Greetings, you started out with a nice selection. And as Evan said, don't let Kübler get you down-it's the Budweiser of blanche absinthes.

:cheers:

Edited by sardonix

Welcome!

Don't judge all blanches by Kübler. There are some really nice ones out there.

Ditto & Ditto

Ridge, La Clandestine, & Matter all make great Blanches. La Fontaine seems to enjoy a good rep also.

MoL, WW, & Pacifique?

Way to make a grand entrance into absinthe!

Most of us are lucky to begin with middle of the road stuff like Lucid. The old timers did the heroic heavy lifting by beginning with some stuff I haven't dared to try, but seen described as vomit inducing.

Welcome! There is a great deal of information on this site, and I learn something new every time I visit. On a side note, does L'Ancienne come out once or twice a year?

Yup, one batch a year. In August Mr. Zufanek goes to work on his tan, Mr. Rossoni sneaks into the distillery, cooks up a batch, and puts it in a steel container with a note that says, do not bottle and sell until the spring. OK, I made that up, but it is distilled in August, and sold after 6 months rest. It goes quick, so pay attention.

Yup, one batch a year.

Ish...it's certainly not once every calendar year or on the same date, but the 2012 should be out in the next few months (2011's came out in December 2011).

It goes quick, so pay attention.

Again, ish. I preordered a bottle in Nov. 2011, and later bought another bottle near the end of Feb. 2012. You should get plenty of chances to find a bottle.