Sign in to follow this  
Harlequin

Anyone with experience with bitters?

I have been experimenting with Regan's, Angostura and Peychaud's Bitters, but would like to branch out into trying chocolate, spicy/fire, grapefruit or celery bitters. Anyone tried those? If you have, what brand do you recommend?

If they make 'em, I probably have 'em. :)

Bitterman's and Scrappy's have very good versions of all of those you mentioned, except Scrappy's doesn't have the spicy one though.

For spicy, Bitterman's, Bad Dog, and Brooklyn Hemispeherical all have very good options.

Check out The Meadow, or Cocktail Kingdom for a lot of good options to pick from.

All I got is two types of orange bitters, and they are worlds apart. The better one saved my brother's DITA from the sink. I think it actually calls for Angostura.

If they make 'em, I probably have 'em. :)/>

Bitterman's and Scrappy's have very good versions of all of those you mentioned, except Scrappy's doesn't have the spicy one though.

For spicy, Bitterman's, Bad Dog, and Brooklyn Hemispeherical all have very good options.

Check out The Meadow, or Cocktail Kingdom for a lot of good options to pick from.

Scrappy's has a gift set with small bottles of their chocolate, grapefruit, lime and celery, I think. The last one might not be celery. But it's a good deal for a sampler. Oh, the last one in gift box #2 is cardamom not celery, but I do like cardamom.

Edited by Harlequin