Sign in to follow this  
TheLoucheyMonster!

"Absinthe Minded" custom sugar cubes.

For those of you who like sugar, a lady in Austin, TX is offering a line of sugar cubes that she developed for absinthe.

You’ve heard about it for almost a year, and now it’s here! Austin Sugarworks is proud to announce the rollout of our Absinthe Minded™ sugar line, a new line of sugars especially suited for use with absinthe.

Our first shape is the lonestar shape, which is an existing Austin Sugarworks shape that we’ve found to be just the right size for absinthe…not too large, not too small. It is also fun to watch dissolve (fully) on the spoon! No more jamming the spoon into the clump of sugar that refuses to budge!

Also different shapes available, as well as custom shapes also available for special events.

Natural colored and flavored sugar cubes are available, which might make for some interesting cocktail experiments.

So for anyone interested, check out:

http://www.austinsugarworks.com/2012/06/new-product-line-officially-launched/

Absinthe seems to be more popular in Austin, than other Texas cities, which is to be expected. Austin is also home to some vey knowledgable absintheurs, who visit here once in a blue moon.

I thought boobie shaped sugars would suit some absinthes and their drinkers best.

Edited by Père Ubu

When I first tried the absinthe ritual, I had everything but the sugar cubes, so I made my own. It's really easy and saved me a lot of money.

Absinthe seems to be more popular in Austin, than other Texas cities, which is to be expected. Austin is also home to some vey knowledgable absintheurs, who visit here once in a blue moon.

I thought boobie shaped sugars would suit some absinthes and their drinkers best.

Because they love women or that they are "boobs"?

Someone told me I should move to Austin because there are a lot of communists there. Mind you, this was a long time ago when I lived in a small town where dressing goth made one a communist, I guess?

Edited by Harlequin

Both!

Austin is a funny mixture of libertarian and artsy liberal. The un official motto is 'Keep Austin Weird!'. Also some very cool absintheurs live there. And then there is the music scene, blues and old rock n roll, plus a dash of everything else. Being in the Texas Hill Country doesn't hurt one bit.

Both!

Austin is a funny mixture of libertarian and artsy liberal. The un official motto is 'Keep Austin Weird!'. Also some very cool absintheurs live there. And then there is the music scene, blues and old rock n roll, plus a dash of everything else. Being in the Texas Hill Country doesn't hurt one bit.

No communists, though? Damn. I was hoping they would have Little Russia, so I could move there and yes, different = communist is an odd view, but I was working in Amish country and the woman was older. Yet, couldn't the Amish themselves be considered sort of communist?

Edited by Harlequin

Big difference, but that leads to verboten fruit. G has been quite wise in banning such talk here, so we can concentrate on booze. Tasty herbal booze.

I've seen many a fora torn apart by political or religious bickering that had nothing to do with the main subject. If we had lively and heated shouting matches about those subjects, people searching for absinthe info, might skip the website. Legislation that affects absinthe is discussed.