Hello guys,

I just thought I would write and introduce Obsello II.

As many of you know we sold the distillery in Spain and moved back to California some years back. With that we are proud to introduce our domestically distilled absinthe - Obsello II.

Since American absenta sounds a bit... well... odd, we decided to go for uncharted waters. We started with rum and then began rebuilding the formula around the rummy base alcohol. Since I focused on the notes in the rum I changed some things in a big way. Mainly the nectar is more wormwood forward with a touch of bitterness to balance the sweet rum and I eliminated the mint. It's still heavy on the anise and lemon balm so the citrus notes take a front seat. We also cask rested her for a bit before shipping. The cool thing is the anise takes on more of an anise cookie like character with the rum base and oak rest.

As usual I made it for a sugar cube, especially since this one is more wormwood forward, but to each his own.

Most importantly we kept the production process traditional. Macerated herbs, properly distilled, natural coloring, no added anything. As it should be.

I hope you guys enjoy it. I spent a lot of time working to make something new but still a fitting sequel.

Cheers,
Bryan

P.S. Cases arrive in NY next week!

Edit: Review page added

Edited by Brian Robinson
added link to review page - B.R.

Sounds nice! By the way, is it possible to get your extremely cool looking Obsello brand spoons in the States as well?

Sadly we are pretty much out of the spoons. I know DRUNY has some in stock. I think when we get more cut I am going to make a new design. I had so much fun drawing that spoon!

:cheers:

Great to see you back.

Any chance of CC carrying your ron con ajenjo?

(I can call it ajenjo since Califorina once belonged to the Spanish crown. )

Edited by Père Ubu

Oh yeah! :headbang:

Obsello was one of the first higher end absinthes that I tried. It was also among the first I reviewed. I can't wait for the new one!

I cant wait to hear what you think!!!

Great to see you back.

Estamos aqui para reconquista. Wait... were actually originally from California... :unsure:

What is CC? I am feeling out of the loop here...

Edited by Obsello

Where will we be able to purchase a bottle (or three)?

Nice to meet you.

I suspect DUNY will have it shortly. Some cases went out in California this week as well but I don't know where they went. I am hoping enough people will request it from DUNY to get them to carry it quickly. ;)

A rummy base alcohol?

Leopold's tastes like that, even though the base is actually Pisco.

Sounds really promising! :thumbup:

Nice! I can't wait to try it out. I loved the original stuff and this one sounds really tasty. :thumbup:

Hey Brian,

We will get you a sample ASAP so you can do an official review. Thanks for the info Pere. I remember talking with the catskill folks a while ago. Of course we were out of inventory by then. :fork:

I should look that email up!

Thanks for reading the thread guys.

Looking forward to the new version! :thumbup:

I eliminated the mint.

It's still heavy on the anise and lemon balm so the citrus notes take a front seat. We also cask rested her for a bit before shipping. The cool thing is the anise takes on more of an anise cookie like character with the rum base and oak rest.

The minty-ness is something I liked, and sometimes disliked, about Obsello I. One day it would hit the spot, and other times found it distracting.

Anise cookies and rum works for me all day long. :twitchsmile:

Looking forward to the new version! :thumbup:

I eliminated the mint.

It's still heavy on the anise and lemon balm so the citrus notes take a front seat. We also cask rested her for a bit before shipping. The cool thing is the anise takes on more of an anise cookie like character with the rum base and oak rest.

The minty-ness is something I liked, and sometimes disliked, about Obsello I. One day it would hit the spot, and other times found it distracting.

Anise cookies and rum works for me all day long. :twitchsmile:

I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it! I also discovered the absinthe waste makes great mulch in the japanese garden!!

Great to see you back.

Estamos aqui para reconquista. Wait... were actually originally from California... :unsure:

Quero provar esse absinto!

Can't wait to try it. Always loved the first version, glad I have a bottle saved for future imbibing. I assume it's easy to tell by the label that it's the new batch.

Do you know if any has made it down to Hi Time Wine in Costa Mesa?

Can't wait to try it. Always loved the first version, glad I have a bottle saved for future imbibing. I assume it's easy to tell by the label that it's the new batch.

Do you know if any has made it down to Hi Time Wine in Costa Mesa?

I doubt any has made it anywhere yet. It only shipped a few days ago. I bet if you call high times they will get it sooner rather than later! We adjusted the price to reflect our closer location, and desire to shake things up a bit so I suspect you will be pleasantly surprised when you find it.

You can tell by the packaging which is which. The new ones have a subtle II under the Obsello and they are printed on matt paper with a wine closure on top.

Thanks again for the support!!! It means a lot to us.

-Bryan

Great to see you back.

Quero provar esse absinto!

Gracias amigo. Estamos encantado con el sociedad de ajenjo. Sounds better as Wormwood Society doesn't it.

Thanks for the tip on the spoon! I just placed an order with DUNY for one (a small Xmas gift for myself). I'm looking forward to sampling your absinthe when it gets to the shops!

Obsello just showed up in Santa Rosa, Ca. at the Bottle Barn, I'm assuming it's Obsello 2 as it's a rum base. Slotted for New Years eve... :)

Edited by seraphimrising

Is the alcohol content the same as the old Obsello?

Can't wait to get ahold of some, it is one of Christy's favorites. Any chance of having the same distributors as old? I am going to guess not but it would be great as we can get it local.

Any word on who is selling this yet? I looked around yesterday and didn't see it for sale.

Hello Amber,

So far we have shipped it to NY and CA. But I don't know what retailers are picking it up? I know DUNY will have it soon. I assume Katskill cellars will pick it up as well but I have no confirmation on that.

Obsello just showed up in Santa Rosa, Ca. at the Bottle Barn, I'm assuming it's Obsello 2 as it's a rum base. Slotted for New Years eve... :)

SWEET! I cant wait to hear what you guys think!!!