Sign in to follow this  
TheLoucheyMonster!

Larusée Aurum, Absinthe with gold flakes

"Larusée is an artisan absinth manufacturer located amidst some of the best-known watch manufacturers." :no2:

Also, in their footer: "A POMPOUS, GLAMOUROUS ABSINTH CREATED IN THE LEGACY OF ABSINTHE MAKING TRADITIONS." I wonder if that's the translation they were going for. :laugh:

Their site is lovely though.

I want to know if it has a glitter-lamp effect when it louches, because you know, that would be DA BOMB! :headbang:

Funny, DA BOMB was amazing, but I don't remember it glittering when it louched. :laugh: ;)

Also, in their footer: "A POMPOUS, GLAMOUROUS ABSINTH ..... I wonder if that's the translation they were going for. :laugh:

Maybe not, but maybe they should let that one roll along.

Our absinthe is POMPOUS! Buy it and show your friends how POMPOUS you are! :euro:

I can see that working. :laf:

I just saw this link today, an interesting attempt to make absinthe more commercial (I mean, there is champagne with gold flakes in it, as well as vodka - why not?) but this is definitely nothing for me! I tried this sparkling wine with gold flakes in it once, and all I could think of was how worried I was about what it would to to my body.

We got a sample of this absinthe in our office, I haven't tried it, but I've been told it's not that great. Just passing on what I was told. It'd be indeed interesting to see what happens to the gold flakes when it louches.

Not a modern gimmick. Gold flakes have been used in goldwasser since the 1600s. ;) Duplais included a few recipes for it.

I tried this sparkling wine with gold flakes in it once, and all I could think of was how worried I was about what it would to to my body.
No worries; metallic gold is harmless when ingested.