Robb

Hello from Sunny Scotland

An American in Scotland, I've spent the last decade enjoying the amazing cultural differences, which my wife (a Scot) has been keen to point out. We have a marketing business in Glasgow and it seems to keep us busy for the most part.

New to the forum, though been lurking awhile - long enough to plan a few bottle wish list, which I'm working through slowly, having started with La Berthe de Joux. An interesting experience which will certainly lead to further experimentation and surely a sharing of my neophyte opinion!

Welcome (from near London).

I was in Edinburgh last year for a meeting of the Edinburgh Absinthe Club: http://www.facebook....147681888635241 Great guys who know what they are doing led by a Canadian/New Zealand lady, Hannah. You may want to make contact with them. Still in Edinburgh, the guys at Royal Mile Whiskies and at Bond No. 9 are very clued up on absinthe too.

Sunny Glasgow? Celtics or Rangers? Can you understand your neighbors? :laugh: I work with a guy from there, and it took me a month to figure what he was saying. He is still wondering what am I saying. :)

Hello and welcome! Sunny Glasgow, hehe. Unfortunately I've never been there, but I also had the pleasure of working with a Scottish girl in Birmingham, it took me a looooong time to get used to her accent. I'm curious what yours must be like now. Certainly some weird mixture?