Sign in to follow this  
Riley5

Regards from New England

Hello all, I am new to absinthe having only tried Absente. I was so intrigued by it's different taste and color that I purchased some (quality) absinthes from an online dealer. I bought three bottles which are the following: Absinthe Berthe de Joux, Jade PF 1901, and La Maison Fontaine. I also purchased a bubble reservoir glass and dripper I figured I should do it the "right way". Can't wait until it arrives

Hello from old England.

I have been to Boston a couple of times this year (plus Rhode Island). The selection of absinthes available in Boston seems to be getting a little bigger, but I know some of the other NE states seem to have a lot less choice.

Hello & welcome! :cheers:

Absente was part of my introduction to the world of absinthe, as well.

Good news: it can get so much better from there....

And Riley, might I congratulate you on your choices. You're not messing around. That's like going from Thunderbird to Romanee-Conti. I'm green with envy :cheerz:

Thanks for the greetings everyone. My absinthe finally arrived and I tried the Berthe de Joux, and WOW it was really good. I found it was best at the ratio of 1:4.5, or 1:5. I was fascinated by the louche and watched as it swirled... Amazing experience in short

Just tried my 1901 tonight and wow! This has to be my favorite of the four absinthes I have tasted. I drank it at 1:5. It was weird, the 1901 is so smooth that I felt as though I was not drinking an alcoholic drink.